Scheduling a webinar without registration will allow attendees to join without needing to sign up in advance. Attendees will be required to enter their name and email address upon joining.
Alternatively, you can schedule a webinar with registration to collect additional information.
- Webinar plan of 100, 500, 1000, 3000 participants
- Host user type must be Licensed and be assigned the Webinar add-on
- Zoom application must be running version 3.0+
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Webinars. You will be able to see the list of scheduled webinars here.
- Select Schedule a Webinar.
- Choose the desired webinar settings.
- Topic: Choose a topic/name for your webinar.
- Description: Enter an optional webinar description—this will be displayed on your registration page.
- Use a template: If you have previously created webinar templates, you can choose one of them to apply to this new webinar.
- When: Select a date and time for your webinar.
- Duration: Choose the approximate duration of the webinar. Note that this is only for scheduling purposes. The webinar will not end after this length of time.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use the time zone that you set in your Profile. Click on the drop down to select a different time zone.
- Recurring webinar: Check if you would like a recurring webinar i.e. the meeting ID will remain the same for each session. This will open up additional recurrence options.
- Recurrence: Select how often you need the webinar to recur: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or No Fixed Time. It can recur up to 50 times. If you need more than 50 recurrences, use the No Fixed Time option. It is not possible to schedule a registration webinar with No Fixed Time.
- The other recurrence options will depend on how often the meeting recurs. You can configure the meeting to end after a set amount of occurrences or have the recurring meeting end on a specific date.
- List this webinar in the Public Event List: If your account has the Public Event List enabled, check this option to include this webinar in the list.
- Registration: Check this to require registration. If registration is required and the webinar is a recurring event, specify one of the following options:
- Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences: Registrants can attend all of the occurrences. All dates and times of the webinar will be listed and the registrant will be registered for all occurrences.
- Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend: Registrants need to register separately for each occurrence to attend. They can only choose one date and time on the registrant page.
- Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend: Registrants register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend. They will need to select which dates and times they would like to attend and they will only be registered for those occurrences. They can choose multiple options.
- Schedule For: If you have scheduling privilege for another user, you will be able to choose who you want to schedule for from the drop down. They will also need to be a Licensed user and have a webinar license.
- Webinar Passcode: Check this if you require participants to enter a passcode to join your webinar, and edit the required passcode here. If joining manually, participants will be required to input this passcode before joining your webinar. It will be included in the registration confirmation email and if they join by clicking the link in this email, they will not need to enter the passcode.
- Video: Select whether video can be enabled or not during the webinar.
- Host: Choose if you would like the host's video on or off when joining the webinar. Even if you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Panelists: Choose if you would like the participants' videos on or off when joining the webinar. If you choose off, panelists will not be able to turn their video on unless you change this setting in the webinar.
- Audio: Choose whether to allow participants to join webinar audio using Telephone only, Computer Audio only, or Both (telephone or computer audio), or 3rd Party Audio (if enabled for your account).
Note: For telephone options to display, your admin needs to enable the account-level setting, Allow webinar attendees to dial in through above numbers.
- Webinar Options: Additional options that give you greater control of the webinar.
- Q&A: Check this if you would like to use a question and answer panel in your webinar.
- Enable Practice Session: Check this to start the webinar in a practice session instead of a live broadcast.
- Enable HD video for screen shared video
- Enable HD video for attendees
- Require authentication to join: Restrict access to the meeting so that only signed-in users can join your webinar.
Note: If you select Sign in to Zoom with specified domain, you can't add any domains that are included on the domain block list.
- Add watermark that identifies the viewing participant
- Request permission to unmute participants: Allows meeting attendees to choose if they wish the host to have pre-approved consent to unmute them.
- Make the webinar on-demand: This will automatically record the webinar in the cloud and share a link with all registrants.
- Record the webinar automatically: Check this option to automatically record the webinar. Choose if you want to record the webinar locally (requires the host to join via a desktop computer) or the Zoom cloud.
- Approve or deny entry to users from certain regions and countries: Host can either allow only participants from specific counties/regions to join, or block all participants from specific counties/regions.
- Alternative Hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user who is Licensed, on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence.
- Interpretation: Enables the inclusion of interpreters.
- Enable language interpretation: Check to allow the host to designate participants as interpreters on the web portal or during a Zoom session.
- Click Schedule.
- Your webinar is now scheduled. Under Invite Attendees, you can copy the join link or the invitation to share with your attendees.
Note: If you want to convert your webinar to a meeting, click Convert this Webinar to a Meeting below the Webinar Options section after you schedule the webinar. Options like Q&A, multiple-answer questions, webinar-related email settings, surveys, and registration report will be deleted.