Sharing a screen using Apple screen mirroring
Apple screen mirroring, also known as AirPlay on iOS 11 or earlier, is a one-click method to share content from a MacOS or iOS device to a Zoom Room. This uses the AirPlay bonjour protocol to communicate between a Zoom client on MacOS/iOS and a Zoom Room. You can also use direct sharing, share.zoom.us, or wired HDMI video capture to share content from your laptop or mobile device to a Zoom Room.
This article covers:
- How to enable Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay)
- How to use Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay)
- How to display Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay) instructions
Prerequisites for sharing a screen using Airplay
- Apple screen mirroring protocol is enabled on your network
- Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- Windows: global minimum version or higher
- macOS: global minimum version or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: global minimum version or higher
- iOS: global minimum version or higher
- Windows attached controller: global minimum version or higher
How to enable Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay)
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle next to Apple Screen Mirroring options to enable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, choose Enable to verify the change.
- Check the box next to Start Apple Screen Mirroring service manually and click Save if you want this setting enabled.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
How to use Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay)
Note: For more information, see the Apple support site.
- Click the screen mirroring icon at the top-right corner of the Apple menu
- Click on the Zoom Room name to initiate the screen share.
A prompt will appear to enter the sharing password.
- Enter the passcode as it appears on your Zoom Room's screen.
- Click Disconnect Airplay to exit sharing.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to bring up the control center.
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Select the Zoom Room name.
- Enter the passcode shown on your Zoom Room screen. This will share your iOS display to the Zoom Room TV screen.
How to display Apple screen mirroring (AirPlay) instructions
To help room participants use Apple screen mirroring, you can display instructions on the room's display.
During a presentation (when a meeting is not in session)
- Tap Presentation on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Tap Share iPhone/iPad/Mac.
During a meeting
- Start or join a meeting.
- Tap Share Content on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Tap Share iPhone/iPad/Mac.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.