The Recording Connector, allows on-premise meetings to be recorded to a separate server instead of the host's device. Like the meeting connector, this server is deployed within your environment.
- Current Business or Education plan with an active Meeting Connector
- Subscription to Cloud Recording
- Open a request with Zoom Support to have On-Premise Cloud Recording enabled for your account
- First, deploy and set up at least one Meeting Connector VM.
- In your Zoom profile go to Advanced>Meeting Connector.
- Click the Download tab and then download the OVF and VMDK files under Recording VM.
- Open/Import the OVF and VMDK into your VM client.
- Once the Virtual Machine has been started, log in with the following credentials:
- user: admin
- password: admin
- Use the command ifconfig to check the IP address of the server. If the server does not have an IP address, configure one manually.
- In your browser, navigate to the web console at https://IPaddress:5480, with the IP address being the inet address listed in the ifconfig results.
- Login with the default credentials. At first login, change the password.
- On the Configure tab, enter the token from the Meeting Connector page of the Zoom web console. Also, enter the address of your Zone Controller.
- Click Submit.
Accessing Recording Files
Recorded meetings are saved directly to the Server's storage by default, under the following path: /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/. From there, the recordings are saved in one of the following folders:
- Archive: Recorded meetings, that have been compressed.
- Recording: Recordings that are currently converting from raw data to completed media files.
- Replay: Media files that have been processed and are ready for viewing.
When completed recordings are saved, they are saved in the following location: /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/replay/year/month/date/meetingID/confID.
For example, the recording path /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/replay/2018/06/08/7439928810/E8429740-9EF7-4AE0-8B98-3A32F276A03C, would translate to:
Meeting Number: 7439928810
Conf id: E8429740-9EF7-4AE0-8B98-3A32F276A03C
Changing Storage Location
To mount another Network File System (NFS) as the recording server's storage location:
- Edit the ssb.cfg file in /opt/zoom/conf/
- Under [CMR] change the value of cmr_home:
cmr_home= recording path on mounted NFS storage
- Under [MRT] change the value of mrt_home:
mrt_home= transcoding folder path on mounted NFS storage