The Recording Connector, allows on-premise meetings to be recorded to a separate server instead of the host's device. Like the meeting connector, this server is deployed within your environment.
The Zoom Recording Connector is packaged as an OVF and can be deployed onto any virtualization platform that supports OVF including:
- VMware VSphere, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion
- Nutanix (validated on Nutanix AHV and ESXi (AOS 5.5.5))
- Windows Server 2012/2016 Hyper-V (best-effort support)
- Virtual Box (best-effort support)
System specifications for the VM can be found here.
- Current Business or Education plan with an active Meeting Connector
- Subscription to Cloud Recording
- Open a request with Zoom Support to have On-Premise Cloud Recording enabled for your account
- First, deploy and set up at least one Meeting Connector VM.
- In your Zoom profile go to Advanced>Meeting Connector.
- Click the Download tab and then download the OVF and VMDK files under Recording VM.
- Open/Import the OVF and VMDK into your VM client.
- Once the Virtual Machine has been started, log in with the following credentials:
- user: admin
- password: admin@Zoom123
- Use the command ifconfig to check the IP address of the server. If the server does not have an IP address, configure one manually.
- In your browser, navigate to the web console at https://IPaddress:5480, with the IP address being the inet address listed in the ifconfig results.
- Login with the default credentials. At first login, change the password.
- On the Configure tab, enter the token from the Meeting Connector page of the Zoom web console. Also, enter the address of your Zone Controller.
- Click Submit.
Accessing Recording Files
Recorded meetings are saved directly to the Server's storage by default, under the following path: /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/. From there, the recordings are saved in one of the following folders:
- Archive: Recorded meetings, that have been compressed.
- Recording: Recordings that are currently converting from raw data to completed media files.
- Replay: Media files that have been processed and are ready for viewing.
When completed recordings are saved, they are saved in the following location: /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/replay/year/month/date/meetingID/confID.
For example, the recording path /opt/zoom/cmr-storage/replay/2018/06/08/7439928810/E8429740-9EF7-4AE0-8B98-3A32F276A03C, would translate to:
Meeting Number: 7439928810
Conf id: E8429740-9EF7-4AE0-8B98-3A32F276A03C
Changing Storage Location
To mount another Network File System (NFS) as the recording server's storage location:
- Edit the ssb.cfg file in /opt/zoom/conf/
- Under [CMR] change the value of cmr_home:
cmr_home= recording path on mounted NFS storage
- Under [MRT] change the value of mrt_home:
mrt_home= transcoding folder path on mounted NFS storage