You can enable your Zoom Rooms with telephone functionality without the need of a physical conference phone in the room.
There are 2 options to do so:
- Zoom Rooms Call-Out for outgoing calls only, or
- Zoom Rooms as SIP Phone Client for incoming and outgoing calls leveraging your internal PBX system, such as Cisco’s CUCM, Avaya, Shoretel or RingCentral.
You have the ability to dial another telephone user for a 1:1 phone call, or call into a conference bridge for a non-Zoom meeting. You can also invite a telephone user by calling them during an active Zoom meeting.
The user must have account that is Pro and subscribed to call out feature. This feature does not work with Meeting Connector/Corp users.
- Simply tap on "Phone" feature on your Zoom Rooms iPad controller
- For calls to countries within the North American Numbering Plan dial: area code + 7 digit local number, same as dialing a US state to state call
- Dial internationally: + destination country code + city code + phone number
- Once you have entered the correct number from your dial pad click on the green telephone button to place your call
- During your call you have the options to "Mute" your room's microphone or access "Keypad" to place another call
- Tap on the red telephone button to end the phone call
- Select the slider to adjust your speaker volume
How to use telephone call out during meeting:
- Start or join a meeting from a Zoom Room
- Tap the "Invite" icon on your Zoom Rooms iPad controller
- Tap "Invite by Phone" tab
- Enter the telephone number using the DTMF pad and then tap on the green telephone icon to place the call
- Note:(tap on the country flag prior if dialing internationally)