The Alert Settings tab lets you specify the alerts that you want to see on your Zoom Room screen, as well as the settings that generate an email that is sent to a specified email address of a person or group who can respond to the alert.
Disable the options on the Client Alert Settings section if you are using the Zoom Room to view content rather than present content. This prevents the alerts for microphone, speakers, and camera from displaying on the screen. If you leave these options enabled, the room can become disabled if those peripheral devices are disconnected.
- Business or Enterprise plan subscribers
- Admin or account owner must enable this feature
- Zoom Rooms Version 3.5.24524.0821 and higher
How to Enable Zoom Room Alerts
- Sign into your Zoom account as a Zoom Rooms administrator.
- Click Zoom Rooms, and then click a location in the room hierarchy that you want to adjust. For example, if you want the same alert settings for all rooms on a particular floor, click the Floor name in the hierarchy.
- Click the Edit button next to the location you chose. You can do this on an account level, a location level, a floor level, or a room level.
- For the entire account: Go to Zoom Rooms and click on Account Settings.
- For a location: Go to Zoom Rooms and click on the name of the location. Click on Edit at the top.
- For a floor: Go to Zoom Rooms and click on the arrow next to the location. Click on the name of the floor from the list. Click on Edit at the top.
- For a room: Go to Zoom Rooms and click on the name of the location on the left. Click on the name of the floor from the list. Click on Edit to the right of the room name.
- Click the Alert Settings tab.
- Update any settings (as long as they have not been locked at a higher level of the hierarchy), to enable or disable an alert, then click Save Changes.
The Client Alert Settings section includes alerts that display on the TV screen of the Zoom Room. Disable these settings if you have deliberately disconnected one or more peripheral devices or have never enabled them.
- Alert when detect speaker errors
- Alert when detect camera errors
- Alert when detect microphone error
For example, if you are using the room only to attend meetings or webinars in which no one in the room will need to speak or be seen, you can disable the alerts for microphone errors or camera errors. If these alerts are enabled, the room cannot be used until the peripheral devices are connected.
The Notifications Settings section includes the circumstances in which the room sends an email to the support team to notify them of a potentially urgent issue. These issues can affect the operation of the room, but do not display on the TV screen. The email alert is sent to the email address specified in the Notification Email Recipients section. Emails are sent from email@example.com.
- Controller (iPad or Android Tablet) battery is low
- Requires Zoom Rooms Controller version 188.8.131.5212.0820 and higher
- A notification is sent when the controller battery is at 20% and not being charged
- Controller (iPad or Android Tablet) disconnected
- Disconnected from network (Wifi)
- Disconnected from Mac Mini
- A notification is sent in real time
- High CPU usage is detected
- A notification is sent in real time when CPU usage is greater than 90%
- Low bandwidth network is detected
- A notification is sent in real time when network packet loss is greater than 40%, the network delay is greater than 2 seconds, or bandwidth is less than 128 kbps
- Zoom Room is offline
- A notification is sent when Mac mini has stopped sending heartbeats to our cloud server.
- A notification is sent when Mac mini has lost power
- A notification is sent when Mac mini has lost network connection
- Selected mic, speaker, or camera is disconnected
- If a meeting is in progress, a notification is sent in real time
- If a meeting is not in progress, a notification is sent within 30 minutes
Notification Email Recipients
Click Add New to enter the email address of someone you would like to receive the notifications.