Managing Zoom Room alerts
The Alert tab lets you specify the alerts that you want to see on your Zoom Room screen, as well as the settings that generate an email that is sent to a specified email address of a person or group who can respond to the alert.
Disable the options on the Client Alert Settings section if you are using the Zoom Room to view content rather than present content. This prevents the alerts for microphone, speakers, and camera from displaying on the screen. If you leave these options enabled, the room can become disabled if those peripheral devices are disconnected.
This article covers:
- How to enable Zoom Room Alerts
- How to configure the alert settings
Prerequisites for using Zoom Room alerts
- Business or Enterprise plan subscribers
- Admin or account owner must enable this feature
- Zoom Rooms global minimum version or higher
How to enable Zoom Room Alerts
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
Click the Alert tab.
Update any settings by clicking the toggle to enable or disable an alert.
How to configure the alert settings
Configure the client alert settings
The Client Alert Settings section includes alerts that display on the TV screen of the Zoom Room. Disable these settings if you have deliberately disconnected one or more peripheral devices or have never enabled them.
- Alert when detect microphone error
- Alert when detect bluetooth microphone error
- Alert when detect speaker error
- Alert when detect bluetooth speaker error
- Alert when detect camera error
- Alert when audio device testing error
For example, if you are using the room only to attend meetings or webinars in which no one in the room will need to speak or be seen, you can disable the alerts for microphone errors or camera errors. If these alerts are enabled, the room cannot be used until the peripheral devices are connected.
Configure the notification settings
The Notifications Settings section includes the circumstances in which the room sends an email to the support team to notify them of a potentially urgent issue. These issues can affect the operation of the room, but do not display on the TV screen. The email alert is sent to the email address specified in the Notification Email Recipients section. Emails are sent from email@example.com.
Audio Device has quality issues
- Requires Daily Audio Testing to be enabled
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive a notification when the audio echo test result meets the usability threshold again
Controller or scheduling display battery is low
If you enable this alert, you may set the battery remaining charge threshold that triggers the alert. This value defaults to less than 20%.
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when the battery is charging again
Controller or scheduling display is disconnected
- Disconnected from network (Wifi)
- Disconnected from Zoom Room
- A notification is sent in real time
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when the Controller or Scheduling Display can be detected again
High CPU usage is detected
- A notification is sent in real time when CPU usage is greater than 90%
Low bandwidth network is detected
- A notification is sent in real time when network packet loss is greater than 40%, the network delay is greater than 2 seconds, or bandwidth is less than 128 kbps
Zoom Room is offline
- A notification is sent when the room has stopped sending heartbeats to our cloud server.
- A notification is sent when room has lost power
- A notification is sent when the room has lost network connection
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when the Zoom Room comes back online again
Send an alert when offline Zoom Rooms exceed the value below
- When this alert is enabled at the account settings level, it is triggered when the threshold is reached for all Zoom Rooms in the account
- When this alert is enabled at the location settings level, it is triggered when the threshold is reached for all Zoom Rooms in this Location and and all Locations lower in the Location hierarchy
If you enable this alert, you may choose the percentage of offline Zoom Rooms that will trigger the alert condition. The default value is 10%.
This alert does not take all types of zoom rooms into consideration for a location level alert to be generated. Only these zoom room types are counted: shared zoom rooms, kiosks, personal zoom rooms for office, digital signage only rooms. Furthermore, these rooms must have devices in them currently to trigger an alert.
SIP registration has failed
- A notification is sent when SIP registration stops working. Enter the credentials in the Cloud Console to re-register.
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when SIP registration is successful again
Selected mic, speaker, or camera is disconnected
- If a meeting is in progress, a notification is sent in real time
- If a meeting is not in progress, a notification is sent within 30 minutes
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when the microphone, speaker or camera is reconnected again
Zoom Rooms Display is disconnected
- A notification is sent when the display device is disconnected.
Security warning: Untrusted certificate
- A notification is sent when an untrusted certificate is detected.
- If you enable this alert, you may choose to receive an additional notification when the network connection that triggered this warning is successful again
Zoom Room passcode entered incorrectly
- A notification is sent when the Zoom Room passcode has been entered incorrectly 3 times within the same day.
Zoom Room meeting passcode alert
- A notification is sent when the Zoom Room meeting passcode has been entered incorrectly 10 times for the same a meeting.
- The recipients of this alert notification can manually override a locked room if the meeting is hosted by the same organization that the room belongs to. To override, the recipients click unlock room in the email alert they receive.
Configure alert notifications via Zoom Meetings API Events (web hook)
You may also receive notifications of Zoom Room Alerts by setting up a Zoom Marketplace application for webhooks and enabling Zoom Meeting API Events (webhooks) for Zoom Rooms including zoomroom.alert and/or zoomroom.delayed_alert.
Configure notifications for email recipients
Find the Notification Email Recipients section and click Add New to enter the email address of someone you would like to receive the notifications.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.