Changing chat notification settings
You can change when you are notified of new chat messages. You can set do not disturb hours and choose not to receive notifications while you are in a meeting. You can also mute group chats or channels so that you don't receive any chat notifications for specific group chats or channels.
This article covers:
- Changing chat notification settings for all chats
- Changing chat notification settings for a channel or group chat
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.2.0 or higher
Changing chat notification settings for all chats
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Chat tab.
You will see the chat notification settings.
Changing chat notification settings for a channel or group chat
- Sign in to your Zoom client.
- Click Chat.
- Click the downward arrow next to the channel or group chat name. Alternatively, you can select a channel or group chat, then click the information icon beside the name.
- Click Notifications. You can change the following settings for the channel or chat group:
- Show unread message badge: Display the number of unread message beside the channel or chat group name.
- Push Notifications: Choose if you want to receive push notifications for:
- All messages: Receive push notifications for all messages for this group.
- Only direct messages, mentions: Receive push notification only if you are tagged using a chat mention or the @all mention is used.
- Nothing: Don't receive any push notifications.
- Mute Channel / Mute Chat: Remove all push notifications as well as the red icons next to the channel or group chat name, Chat tab, and Zoom app on your dock/taskbar.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.