You can change when you are notified of new chat messages. You can set do not disturb hours and choose not to receive notifications while you are in a meeting. You can also mute group chats or channels so that you don't receive any chat notifications for specific group chats or channels.
This article covers:
- Changing chat notification settings for all chats
- Changing chat notification settings for a channel or group chat
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.2.0 or higher
Changing chat notification settings for all chats
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Chat tab.
You will see the chat notification settings.
Changing chat notification settings for a channel or group chat
- Sign in to your Zoom client.
- Click Chat.
- Click the downward arrow next to the channel or group chat name. Alternatively, you can select a channel or group chat, then click the information icon beside the name.
- Click Notifications. You can change the following settings for the channel or chat group:
- Show unread message badge: Display the number of unread message beside the channel or chat group name.
- Push Notifications: Choose if you want to receive push notifications for:
- All messages: Receive push notifications for all messages for this group.
- Only direct messages, mentions: Receive push notification only if you are tagged using a chat mention or the @all mention is used.
- Nothing: Don't receive any push notifications.
- Mute Channel / Mute Chat: Remove all push notifications as well as the red icons next to the channel or group chat name, Chat tab, and Zoom app on your dock/taskbar.