A webinar practice session allows you and your panelists to get set up and acquainted with Zoom webinar controls before starting your webinar. The practice session is only accessible by the host or alternative host.
This article covers:
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Webinar add-on
- Zoom Desktop Client
- Windows: 3.5.22132.0730 or higher
- macOS: 3.5.22132.0730 or higher
Enabling webinar practice session
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Webinars.
- Schedule a webinar, or click the title of a webinar that's already scheduled.
- Click Edit this Webinar.
- In the Webinar Options section, click the Enable Practice Session check box.
Starting a webinar practice session
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- In the Home or Meetings tab, start the webinar before the start date/time.
The host, alternative host, or panelist will see an orange banner at the top of window, letting them know they are in practice mode.
Note: Attendees will not be able to join the practice session. There can only be one active practice session for each webinar. For example, if the host starts a practice session, then an alternative host starts one, they will be in the same practice session.
- (Optional) Click Broadcast to start the webinar and allow attendees to join the webinar.
Note: This will not change the original start time that you set when scheduling the webinar.