Creating a Spindump file on macOS
A spindump file samples user and kernel stacks for processes in the Mac system. This can be useful if the program hangs, crashes, or is not running well. The Zoom Support team may request this when troubleshooting issues with the desktop client.
How to create a spindump file
- Find the Finder icon in your Dock.
- Right-click on the icon, then click New Finder Window.
- Select the Applications option on the left-side panel.
- Open the Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor.
- Select zoom.us, click the settings icon , and select Spindump.
- Wait for the spindump file to generate.
Note: You may be prompted to enter admin credentials. Contact your IT team if you do not have the necessary credentials.
- Select Save.
- Send us the file or upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and send us the link in your Support ticket.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.