When a calendar resource is integrated with a Zoom Room, the room’s TV display, controller, and Scheduling Display show the meetings scheduled for the room. Members of your organization can schedule a meeting in a Zoom Room by inviting the room to the meeting. Conference rooms are assigned as a calendar resource through a calendar service. Authorizing Zoom to have access to calendar resources enables users to start and join meetings in the room using one touch.
Before you can add and authorize a calendar service for Zoom Rooms, a Google administrator must do the following:
- Create a dedicated user in Google who can manage calendars
- Create or locate a calendar resource to be used for each Zoom Room
- Enable the dedicated user to have full access to each calendar resource
- Administrator access to your Google account
To prepare Google calendars for integration with Zoom Rooms:
- Sign into your Google account as an administrator.
- Create a dedicated user who can manage calendar resources.
See the Google support article Add users individually for instructions on how to add this user.
- Create or locate a calendar resource for each Zoom Room.
See the Google support article Add a calendar resource for instructions.
- Ensure that each calendar resource is shared by all users in your organization.
- Sign into your Google account as the dedicated user who can manage calendar resources and open the Calendar app.
- Subscribe to all of the calendar resources that are available for Zoom Rooms:
To add the Google calendar service to your Zoom account:
- Sign into the Zoom web portal with your Zoom credentials. Note that these credentials must have the Zoom Rooms privilege.
- Choose Calendar Integration, and then click Add Calendar Service.
The Add a Calendar Service dialog displays.
- Click Add in the Google Calendar section.
- Choose the email address associated with the shared calendar service for your organization. If the dedicated user for the calendar service is not shown, click Use another account, and add the credentials for that user.
- Click Allow on the confirmation page that gives Zoom permission to manage the calendars in the dedicated user’s account.
The Calendar Service page shows the calendar resource that you added.
See Add a Zoom Room for information on configuring a calendar resource with a Zoom Room.