When a calendar resource is integrated with a Zoom Room, the room’s TV display, controller, and Scheduling Display show the meetings scheduled for the room. Members of your organization can schedule a meeting in a Zoom Room by inviting the room to the meeting. Conference rooms are assigned as a calendar resource through a calendar service. Authorizing Zoom to have access to calendar resources enables users to start and join meetings in the room using one touch.
Before you can add and authorize a calendar service for Zoom Rooms, a Google administrator must do the following:
- Create a dedicated user in Google who can manage calendars
- Create or locate a calendar resource to be used for each Zoom Room
- Enable the dedicated user to have full access to each calendar resource
This article covers:
- Preparing to Integrate Google Calendar with Zooms
- Sharing a Zoom Room Calendar Resource
- Adding a Calendar Resource to Google Calendar
- Removing Google Hangouts from your Calendar
- Adding the Google Calendar Service to Zoom
- Administrator access to your Google account
- Sign in to your Google account as an administrator.
- Create a dedicated user who can manage calendar resources.
See the Google support article Add users individually for instructions on how to add this user.
- Create or locate a calendar resource for each Zoom Room.
See the Google support article Add a calendar resource for instructions.
- Open the Calendar app.
Make sure that you can see the calendar resource for each room under My calendars.
Follow these step to share a calendar resource with your users. Repeat these steps for each calendar resource you want to share.
- Navigate to a calendar resource for a Zoom Room, then click the ... to the right of the name and choose Settings and sharing.
- Below Share with specific people, click Add People.
- Enter the email address of the dedicated user who can manage calendar resources
- For Permissions, choose Make Changes and manage Sharing.
- Click Send.
After sharing a calendar resource with your users. You can instruct your users to follow these steps to add the resource so that it displays on their Google Calendar.
- Sign in to your Google account as the dedicated user who can manage calendar resources and open the Calendar app.
- Subscribe to all of the calendar resources that are available for Zoom Rooms:Next to Add Coworker's Calendar, click +, then Browse resources.
- Browse the resources and check the box next to the Zoom Room resources.
- Log in to Google Admin and navigate to Calendar - Sharing Settings.
Your Calendar - Sharing Settings can be found under Apps > GSuite > Calendar > Sharing Settings.
- Uncheck the option for Video Calls.
- Click Save.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal with your Zoom credentials. Note that these credentials must have the Zoom Rooms privilege.
- Under Room Management, choose Calendar Integration.
- Click Add Calendar Service.
- Click Add in the Google Calendar section.
- Choose the email address associated with the shared calendar service for your organization. If the dedicated user for the calendar service is not shown, click Use another account, and add the credentials for that user.
- Click Allow on the confirmation page that gives Zoom permission to manage the calendars in the dedicated user’s account.
The Calendar Service page shows the calendar resource that you added.
See Add a Zoom Room for information on configuring a calendar resource with a Zoom Room.