Published March 2017
Closed captioning allows you or another attendee within a meeting to add closed captioning in a meeting or webinar. You can add the closed captions directly via Zoom or you can integrate a third party service.
- Zoom PC or Mac version 3.5.37712.0111 or higher (enter or view caption)
- Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC/Touch version 3.6x and higher (view caption only)
- Zoom Rooms iPad controller version 3.6x and higher (view caption only)
- Zoom iOS or Android version 4.0.21521.0116 or higher (view caption only)
How to Enable Closed Captions as the Host
- Login to your Profile Settings.
- Click Edit on the right of In Meeting (Advanced).
- Check Closed Captioning.
- Click Save Changes.
- In a Zoom meeting or webinar that you are hosting, click Closed Caption.
- Select if you will type the Closed Captions, if you would like to assign someone to type or if you are using a Third Party provider.
- I will type: This will open up the closed captioning window.
- Assign a participant to type: This will open up the participants window. Hover over the participant's name and click on More. Choose Assign to Type Closed Caption.
- Use a 3rd Party CC service: This will give you a URL that you can provide to the 3rd party service to enter captions.
- If you are the host and you choose to type the Closed Captions, the Closed Caption box will open automatically. You will type the caption in the box and press Enter to submit it.
Entering Closed Captions as a Participant
- Once the host assigns you the ability to type closed captions, a notification will appear in your meeting controls.
- Click on Closed Caption.
- This will open up the closed caption box. You will type the caption in the box and press Enter to submit it.