Zoom Rooms is a software-based room system that connects the equipment in a conference room to provide an integrated video meeting experience for participants joining from a room, from their desktop, or from their mobile device. Each room requires, at minimum, a Mac or Windows computer that runs the Zoom Rooms software, and an iPad, Android or Windows 10 tablet that runs the Zoom Rooms app. Additional equipment can include TV displays, speakers, cameras, microphones, and an iPad that runs the Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display.
Your account must include Zoom Rooms licenses or a free trial of Zoom Rooms. You can purchase Zoom Room licenses* at https://zoom.us/billing#zr or by contacting sales. To start your 30-day free trial you must verify your credit card information at https://zoom.us/billing
Before you begin your setup:
- Design your room with the right table layout, see Innovant, Haworth, Paul Downs.
- Acquire hardware with the necessary system requirements, see Huddle, Conference
- Prepare your Wired and Wireless network and firewall settings
- On the Zoom web portal, add or identify users who can manage Zoom Rooms. These users must have the Zoom Rooms privilege
- Prepare your Google or Microsoft calendar system for integration with Zoom Rooms:
- Prepare a Room Account card with login information in a secured folder
Set up Zoom Rooms:
- Add Zoom Rooms from the Zoom web portal.
- Set up your hardware in the conference room.
- Download the Zoom Rooms software for your Mac or PC computer.
- Sign into the Zoom Rooms software with Zoom user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege, and then choose the name of this Zoom Room.
- Obtain the Zoom Rooms Controller app for your iPad Controller and Scheduling Display from the App store, or download the Zoom Rooms Controller app for your Android controller.
- Sign into the Zoom Rooms Controller app with Zoom user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege. Choose the name of this Zoom Room, and then (for an iPad) choose whether the device will be a Room Controller or Scheduling Display
- Watch an overview video (26 minutes)
- Consult with Zoom Rooms Professional Services
- Configure your Mac/WinOS kiosk settings and screen saver/energy saver settings
- Configure your iPad iOS kiosk settings
- Configure rooms and settings within a Zoom Rooms Location Hierarchy
- Learn about additional Zoom Rooms features
*For those that have configured Zoom Rooms prior to November 1st, 2015 you can still apply your pro license to configure additional rooms