Zoom Rooms is a software-based room system that provides an integrated experience for audio conferencing, wireless screen sharing and video conferencing. Zoom Rooms can be used for room only attendees or remote attendees joining from another room, from their desktop, or from their mobile device.
Each room requires, at minimum, a Mac or Windows computer that runs the Zoom Rooms software, and an iPad, Android or Windows 10 tablet that runs the Zoom Rooms app. Additional equipment can include TV displays, speakers, cameras, microphones, and an iPad that runs the Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display.
This article covers:
For testing purposes, you can deploy a test Zoom Rooms setup that will allow you to start a test meeting or join a meeting with limited functionality without purchasing Zoom Rooms licenses.
The following steps are recommended for deploying Zoom Rooms:
- Design your room with the right table layout:
- Ensure Wireless subnet can reach Wired subnet; if not, use iPad ethernet adapter
- Configure your desktop firewall for Airplay, if necessary
- Set up your hardware in the conference room
- Mount TV, camera, PC/Mac
- Cable TV, camera, audio components and network
- Turn on PC/Mac and controller, connect to the network
- Upgrade TV, camera and audio components firmware (if required)
- Set up your system (OS)
- Download Zoom Rooms for Conference Room and install on your Mac/PC
- Download Controllers for Zoom Rooms and install on your iOS Controller and Scheduling Display, or Android Controller, or Windows Controller.
- For Zoom Rooms for Mac, use Pairing Code for quick setup, and Activation Code to complete setup. For Zoom Rooms for PC, sign in to complete setup.
*For those that have configured Zoom Rooms prior to November 1, 2015, you can still apply your pro licenses to configure additional rooms.