Zoom Rooms is a software-based room system that provides an integrated experience for audio conferencing, wireless screen sharing and video conferencing. Zoom Rooms can be used for room only attendees or remote attendees joining from another room, from their desktop, or from their mobile device.
Each room requires, at minimum, a macOS or Windows computer that runs the Zoom Rooms software, and an iPad, Android or Windows 10 tablet that runs the Zoom Rooms app. Additional equipment can include TV displays, speakers, cameras, microphones, and an iPad that runs the Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display.
This article covers:
- Preparing for your setup
- Setting up Zoom Rooms
- Using the Zoom Rooms controller
- Additional resources
For testing purposes, you can deploy a test Zoom Rooms setup that will allow you to start a test meeting or join a meeting with limited functionality without purchasing Zoom Rooms licenses.
Preparing for your setup
The following steps are recommended before you set up Zoom Rooms:
- Design your room with the right table layout:
- Acquire hardware with the necessary system requirements.
- Prepare your Wired, Wireless network and configure firewall
- Add or identify users on the Zoom Rooms portal who can manage Zoom Rooms. These users must have the Zoom Rooms privilege
- Add a Zoom Rooms from the Web Portal or the Zoom Rooms Controller
- Add your Google or Microsoft calendar system for integration with Zoom Rooms:
- Prepare a Room Account card with login information in a secured folder
- Check room readiness for furniture, power, network and conduit cabling
Setting up Zoom Rooms
- Set up your hardware in the conference room
- Mount TV, camera, PC/Mac
- Cable TV, camera, audio components and network
- Turn on PC/Mac and controller, connect to the network
- Upgrade TV, camera and audio components firmware (if required)
- Set up your system (OS)
- Set up your Zoom Rooms software
- Download Zoom Rooms for Conference Room and install on your Mac/PC
- Download Controllers for Zoom Rooms and install on your iOS Controller and Scheduling Display, or Android Controller, or Windows Controller.
- For Zoom Rooms for Mac, use Pairing Code for quick setup, and Activation Code to complete setup. For Zoom Rooms for PC, sign in to complete setup.
- Choose the default Camera, Microphone, Speaker, and Volume levels.
- Verify and finalize our setup
Using the Zoom Rooms controller
After setup, use these buttons in the left-side panel of the controller UI. Some features may not be available on all platforms.
- Only internal contacts (users and rooms) are shown in the room controller.
- By default, your Zoom contacts directory contains internal users in the same organization, who are either on the same account or who's email address uses the same domain as yours. You can manage contacts to change this.
- You can restrict a user from appearing in the room's contacts list by adding a restricted or private IM group and adding everyone except for the Zoom Room.
Meeting List: Start scheduled meetings as the host.
Presentation: Display on-screen instructions to start screen sharing.
Phone: Call a phone number using Zoom Phone. To use this feature, you must assign a Zoom Phone license to the room.
Settings: View settings for the room like changing audio/video devices.
*For those that have configured Zoom Rooms prior to November 1, 2015, you can still apply your paid licenses to configure additional rooms.