Under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) is a contract between a HIPAA covered entity and a HIPAA business associate (BA) or downstream business associate. The contract protects personal health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
More on Zoom's HIPAA compliance can be found here.
Note: In addition to Zoom's subscription plans, custom pre-paid packages are available in 1, 2, and 3-year increments. Contact Sales for pricing.
Zoom account BAA configuration
A BAA needs to be in place for covered entities or business associates that wish to place PHI on the platform but no manual configuration needs to occur to enable feature enhancements.
Zoom’s HIPAA offering allows you to leverage the Zoom platform, while still maintaining privacy, security, and compliance.
- Zoom Phone, our cloud VoIP phone solution featuring secure HD voice; call forwarding, recording, and delegation; and voicemail transcription
- Zoom Chat to quickly and securely communicate with colleagues onsite or on the go
- Provide a secure location for patient health information and reporting on the administrator dashboard
What’s more, administrators have the flexibility to turn these settings on and off at the network level depending on your organization’s specific policies. This allows you to give employees what they need when they need it, without worrying about granting access to unnecessary features.
Ensuring privacy and security
- All meeting data in motion is protected with industry-standards encryption
- When enabled, Zoom’s Advanced Chat Encryption feature allows users to exchange encrypted messages without ever revealing their contents to Zoom servers
- Privacy features allow you to control session attendee admittance with individual or group entry, waiting rooms, forced meeting passcodes, and locked room functionality
For information on how to have a BAA signed with Zoom, please contact Sales.