Under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) is a contract between a HIPAA covered entity and a HIPAA business associate (BA). The contract protects personal health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
More on Zoom's HIPAA compliance can be found here.
Once a BAA is signed with Zoom, the following will be enacted on your Zoom account
- End-To-End Encryption will be enabled for all meetings
- Cloud Recording will be disabled.
- Remove device/user information in logging and reporting
- Encrypted Chat will be enabled. Please note if chat has been disabled, please submit a request to have it enabled.
Encrypted Chat Features
- Text messages will be encrypted
- Offline messages will only be available after all parties initiate a key exchange
- Disable screen capture
- Disable sending images
For information on how to have a BAA signed with Zoom, please contact our Sales.