Under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) is a contract between a HIPAA covered entity and a HIPAA business associate (BA). The contract protects personal health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
More on Zoom's HIPAA compliance can be found here.
Note: In addition to Zoom's subscription plans, custom pre-paid packages are available in 1, 2, and 3-year increments. Contact Sales for pricing.
Once a BAA is signed with Zoom, the following will be enacted on your Zoom account:
- The setting Require Encryption for 3rd Party Endpoints (H323/SIP) will be enabled for all members of your account
- Cloud Recording will be disabled.
- Remove device/user information in logging and reporting
- Encrypted Chat will be enabled. Please note if chat has been disabled, please submit a request to have it enabled.
Encrypted Chat Features
- Text messages will be encrypted
- Offline messages will only be available after all parties initiate a key exchange
- Disable screen capture
- Disable sending images
For information on how to have a BAA signed with Zoom, please contact Sales.