The Infusionsoft integration allows for a quick way to automatically register attendees to a Zoom Webinar, track attendance, create customized branded reminders, and automate follow-up messages.
With the Zoom-Infusionsoft Integration, you can register your prospects and customers for Zoom Webinars without requiring them to register on the Zoom Webinar Registration page. This will allow them to “register” for Zoom Webinars through Infusionsoft via links, web-forms, product purchases, etc. Once their information is passed over to Zoom via the integration, Zoom will assign their unique webinar join link as a custom object that can be included in an email sent as confirmation through Infusionsoft. With this custom object, you will be able to completely customize any follow up or reminder emails and provide the registrant’s unique link to join. You will also be able to tag your prospects/customers as attended so that you can send appropriate follow-up information to those who did or did not attend.
- Must purchase a Video Webinar plan of 100, 500, 1000, 3000, 5000 or 10000 participants
- Host user type must be Pro, and be assigned the Webinar license
- Admin access in both Infusionsoft and Zoom
How To Use
Setting Up the Integration
- Configuring Domain and Encrypted Key on Zoom
- Log into Infusionsoft and navigate to Admin > Settings > Application and scroll down to the API section.
- Copy the Encrypted Key and save for a later step.
- Copy your Infusionsoft domain and save for a later step. (Your Infusionsoft domain should be in the format of domain.infusionsoft.com)
- Login to your Zoom account at https://zoom.us and on the left hand side, navigate toLogin to your Zoom account at https://zoom.us and on the left hand side, navigate to Advanced > Integration
- Click Configure next to the Infusionsoft section.
- Paste the Encrypted Key (step 2) into the API Encrypted Key section and the Infusionsoft domain (step 3) into the Domain section.
- Click Save Changes.
- Add Custom Field in Infusionsoft
- Log into Infusionsoft and navigate to Admin > Setting > General and locate the Custom Fields section.
- Select the dropdown for “Set up custom fields for:” and choose Contact and click Go.
- Choose Field in the dropdown and click Add.
- In the Name field enter: _WebinarJoinLink
- In the Type field choose: Text
- Select Save this Field
Schedule a Webinar
- Login to your Zoom account and schedule a webinar with registration. Read more on scheduling a webinar with registration.
- Once the Webinar is scheduled, scroll down to the Invite Attendees section and click edit on the right. Make sure Automatically Approve is selected. Once this is confirmed, click Save All.
- Scroll down to Email Settings and click Edit next to Confirmation Email to Registrants: Send upon registration
- Uncheck the option to Send Confirmation Email to Registrants and click Save. (Unless you do not want to automate emails from Infusionsoft and would prefer to have Zoom send the emails).
Configuring the Campaign
- Login to Infusionsoft and go to the Campaign Builder page.
- Click Create a Campaign in order to create a new campaign. (You can also add the registration sequence to an existing campaign).
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag a snippet from the Goals section onto the campaign area. In this setup, we will configure a Web Form.
- Double-click the Goal and configure the form with First Name, Last Name, and Email (These are required to register a user for a Zoom Webinar). Feel free to configure the design and layout as desired. Once complete, mark the form from Draft to Ready in the top right.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag a Sequence snippet from the Sequences section onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the blue icon in the bottom left corner of the sequence and select “Runs until completed”. Link the Goal from step 4 to the sequence.
- Double-click the newly created sequence.
- In the Sequence Tools section, locate the Process section and drag a Send HTTP Post snippet onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the Send HTTP Post snippet in order to configure the snippet.
- In the POST URL field, enter your registration URL. Your registration URL is https://zoom.us/webinar/register/webinarID, but replace webinarID with the actual ID of the webinar. Eg. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/123456789
- In the Name / Value Pairs section configure as follows:
- first_name = ~Contact.FirstName~
- last_name = ~Contact.LastName~
- email = ~Contact.Email~
- questions =
- custom_questions =
- (Leave the Questions and Custom_Questions Values blank)
- Mark the Send HTTP Post from Draft to Ready and return to the Registration Sequence.
- In the Sequence Tools section, drag a Delay Timer to the campaign area. The minimum amount of time to delay should be 1 minute.
- For the Wait at least section, choose at least 1 Minute
- For the Run on section, choose Any Day
- In the last section, choose Between and configure between 12:00 AM and 11:45 PM or as desired.
- Click Save to save changes.
- In the Sequence Tools section, drag an Apply/Remove Tag onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the Apply Tag and choose a “Registered for Zoom Webinar” tag and click Save.
- In the Sequence Tools section, drag an Email snippet onto campaign area.
- Double-click the Email snippet and configure any desired information. Be sure to include the unique join link for the user so they will be able to join the webinar. To do this follow the next steps.
- Add a Link to some text. Highlight the text and click Link from the toolbar.
- Choose Link to: Web address and in the field below enter: ~Contact._WebinarJoinLink~ and select Insert/Update.
- Once complete, mark the email from Draft to Ready.
- Return to the Registration Sequence and then return to the main campaign area.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag an Email Link clicked snippet to the campaign area.
- Double-click the snippet and choose the link created in step 17/18 and then return to the campaign area.
- In the Campaign Tools section, drag a Sequence snippet onto the campaign area.
- Double-click the snippet and drag an Apply/Remove Tag snippet into the sequence area.
- Double-click the Apply Tag and choose an “Attended Zoom Webinar” tag. Once added, click Save.
- Return to the main campaign area and ensure that all elements of the campaign are marked as ready. Be sure to check sub elements to make sure all elements are ready and marked in sequence.
- Click the Publish button in the top right and publish your campaign. You now have a campaign that will register your prospects/customers for a Zoom Webinar. It will tag them as registered and tag them as attended if they click the link to join.