The following goes over joining into a Zoom meeting through Skype for Business/Lync on Lync 2010, Lync 2013, Office 365 and Skype for Business
This article covers:
- An Enterprise, Business, Education, or Pro plan is required
- Lync 2010 Windows client, Lync 2013 Windows client; Lync 2011 Mac client, Skype for Business 2015, Skype for Business 2016
- Account owner or admin privileges to enable
- Audio call with SILK 16K, G.722 or G.711 codec
- Video call with H.264UC or RTVC1 codec
- Native Desktop or Application Sharing with RDP
- Media encryption with SRTP
- Whiteboard, PPT, IM and vote from Lync/Skype for Business are not currently supported
- Whiteboard and PPT screen sharing from Zoom is supported
- Login to the Zoom Web Portal and navigate to Account Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), toggle Allow Skype for Business (Lync) client to join a Zoom meeting to on (blue).
If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
- Obtain a scheduled Zoom meeting ID from the host or organizer
- Launch Skype for Business/Lync and select "Contacts". Then select to search for a contact
- Type 'MeetingID@lync.zoom.us' For this example, the meeting id is 967514938 and the join link is https://zoom.us/j/967514938. This will be populated in the meeting invite. After searching, select the video camera icon to start a Lync meeting with this contact.
- You will then be connected to the Zoom meeting
- If prompted to enter the meeting password, you can use the Call Controls to enter the numeric password provided.
- Press "1" to switch video layout to toggle between Gallery View (2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5) and Active Speaker view
- 1 Participant: Active Speaker only
- 2-4 Participants: 2x2, Active Speaker
- 5-9 Participants: 2x2, 3x3, Active Speaker
- 10-16 participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, Active Speaker
- 17+ Participants: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, Active Speaker
- Press "4" or "6" to page between screens if current Gallery View doesn't show all participants.