Virtual background allows for placing a virtual background during a Zoom Meeting. Check out this video.
- PC Version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
- Mac Version 3.5. 53922.0613 or higher
- Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) processor
- To achieve the best virtual background effect, we recommend a using a solid color background, preferably green. Recommended backgrounds can be found here and here
- Higher quality cameras result in a better virtual background. Please see our camera recommendations
- Uniform lighting and color are highly recommended
- Finally, please ensure you are not wearing clothing the same color as the virtual background
- Enable the virtual background feature My Profile Settings
- After opening the Zoom application on your PC or Mac, select Settings
- Select Virtual Background
- Once selected, you will have the option to select a desired virtual background. Please ensure you are using solid background color.
You will also have the ability to upload your own background images if desired.
- Once selected, you will see the virtual background
If you are experiencing issues with the virtual background feature, follow these troubleshooting steps
- Try manually picking the background color to ensure the correct color is selected
- Ensure the background is a solid color with minimal shadows. Also ensure the background is uniform in lighting
If you continue to experience issues, please Submit a Request.