IMPORTANT: Zoom’s LTI Pro app is now available in the new Zoom Marketplace. LTI Pro should be used instead of the LTI documented in this article. If you are already using the LTI documented in this article, read how to migrate to LTI Pro and how long this LTI will be supported.
The REST API Plugin offers tight integration with Moodle, supporting meeting creation, synchronization, grading, and backup/restoration. More information can be found here.
- Pro, Business, Education, or API Partner plan
- You must have access to our REST API
- Moodle admin access
- Login to Moodle as an administrator.
- Select Site Administration on the left.
- Click the Plugins tab.
- Click Install plugins.
- Install the plugin via ZIP file. The ZIP file can be found here.
- Select Continue on the installation page.
- Click Upgrade Moodle database now to install the plugin.
- You will be notified it was installed successfully. Click Continue.
- Gather the REST API Key and Secret from the developer portal.
- Complete the Moodle Settings:
- Zoom API url: Leave this as the default.
- Zoom API key: Copy this from the Zoom API credentials.
- Zoom API secret: Copy this from the Zoom API credentials.
- Zoom home page URL: This is your Vanity URL landing page or https://zoom.us if you do not have a Vanity URL.
- Login types: Hold down CTRL on PC or Cmd on Mac to select all options except API.
- After saving changes, verify the plugin has installed by selecting Site Administration.
- Select Plugins.
- Under Activity Modules, select Zoom meeting.
- The page will show the following message if installed properly
Follow the documentation found here to use the REST API Plugin within Moodle.