Scheduling a meeting that requires registration will require participants to register with their e-mail, name, and other optional questions, allowing you to capture more information about your attendees. Once this is scheduled, you can manage your registrants, resend confirmation emails, and can also generate meeting registration reports, if you want to download a list of people that registered.
If you don't need to collect this much information, you can schedule a meeting without registration required.
Note: The maximum number of registrants for a meeting is 4999. If you need more than the maximum, we recommend using a recurring meeting with registration, as each recurrence of the meeting series can have up to 4999 registrants.
This article covers:
- Enabling registration for a meeting
- Customizing registration options
- Customizing branding
- Host user type must be Licensed
- The meeting you are enabling registration for cannot use your PMI and cannot be a No Fixed Time recurring meeting.
Enabling registration for a meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
- Click Schedule a Meeting or edit an existing meeting.
- In the Registration section, make sure to select the Required check box.
After scheduling the meeting, the Registration and Branding tabs will appear.
- Manage attendees: Click View to see a list of people that have registered for the meeting. Clicking on the registrant name will provide additional info about that person.
Note: If you also require authentication to join your meeting, your registrants will need to register with an email that is associated with an active Zoom account. This must be done before registration can be completed.
Customizing registration options
After you schedule the meeting, you can customize registration options:
- Click the Registration tab.
- In the Registration Options section, click Edit.
- Customize these options:
Registration tab: Customize registration settings, such as approval, notification, registration caps, and others.
- Automatic Approval: Anyone who signs up will be approved and receive information on how to join.
- Manual Approval: Anyone who signs up will need to be approved by the host on the meeting management page, and then will receive information on how to join. Any registrants still Pending will not be able to join the meeting.
- Send an email to host when someone registers: Check this option if you want to receive an email when someone registers for your meeting. Participants will receive an email when you approve their registration.
- Close registration after event date: Check this option if you want to prevent anyone from registering after the meeting date and projected end time. Participants can still register on the event date and once the meeting starts, as long as it is before the projected end time of the meeting. For example, if you schedule a meeting for 9AM with a duration of 2 hours, the registration will close at 11AM.
Note: If you enable this setting and make your meeting available on-demand, people can use the original registration link to register for the on-demand meeting recording.
- Restrict number of registrants: Check this option if you want to restrict the number of registrants for your meeting. Once the meeting has reached the specified number of registrants, no one will be able to register for the meeting.
- Allow attendees to join from multiple devices: Check this option to allow meeting participants to be able to join from multiple devices, such as computers and phones.
- Show social share buttons on the registration page: Provides buttons to share the registration page to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or email.
Email Settings tab: You can customize some email settings related to registration.
- Select Email Language: Set the language that registrants receive emails in. You can set a specific language, or choose Same as recipients' default language to allow Zoom to automatically respond in the language they view the registration page in.
- Email Contact: Adjust the contact information provided to registrants if they have questions about the meeting.
- Confirmation Email to Registrants: Set if you want the confirmation email sent to registrants upon approval, as well as adding slight additions to the beginning and end of the email template.
Note: More extensive changes to the email template must be made by an admin within Branding.
Questions tab: You can customize the question fields that appear in your registration page.
- Select the check boxes for the field(s) you would like to include on your registration page.
- (Optional) Select the Required check box if you want to make that field required.
- Click Save All.
- Name and email address are always required.
- Some fields like Country/Region and State/Province will appear as drop-down menus for participants.
Custom Questions tab
- Click New Question to add a question.
- Choose the type of question: Short answer or Single answer.
- (Optional) Select the Required check box if you want to require participants to answer the question.
- Enter the question.
- For single answer questions, enter the answer options.
- Click Create. Repeat the above steps to create more custom questions.
- Click Save All to save your customized registration.
After you schedule the meeting, click the Branding tab to customize branding options for your registration page:
- Banner: Click Upload to add an image that appears at the top of your registration page.
- Logo: Click Upload to add an image that appears to the right of meeting topic on your registration page. The logo also appears in the email invitation.
- (Optional) Click Add Description to add alt text to the image. The description isn't visually displayed on the screen but helps people with visual impairments to access and understand the image.