Scheduling and customizing a meeting with registration
Scheduling a meeting that requires registration means registrants must provide their email and name to register for the event. You can include customized questions on the registration form, which allows you to capture more information about your registrants. Once this is scheduled, you can manage your registrants, resend confirmation emails, and can also generate meeting registration reports, if you want to download a list of people that registered.
If you don't need to collect this much information, you can schedule a meeting without registration required.
This article covers:
- How to enable registration for a meeting
- How to customize registration options
- How to customize registration emails
- How to customize registration branding
- How to manage meeting registrants
Prerequisites for scheduling meetings with registration
- Licensed host
- The meeting ID must be generated automatically instead of using your PMI
- The meeting cannot be a No Fixed Time recurring meeting
Note: Customizing the registration options requires a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account.
Limitations of meeting registration
- Later this year, Zoom's meeting and webinar registration for attendees will change, so that upon registration, so that upon registration, the join link will no longer be displayed on the confirmation page in the web browser. Registrants will instead receive the join link through the Zoom registration confirmation email. This change will help prevent attackers from obtaining a registration link using an email address they do not personally control and limit unwanted guests from joining meetings or webinars. Admins can allow hosts to configure their registration settings to provide the join info on the registration confirmation page, but this is disabled by default.
- The maximum number of registrants for each meeting occurrence is 4999. If you need more than the maximum, we recommend using a recurring meeting with registration, as each recurrence of the meeting series can have up to 4999 registrants.
How to enable registration for a meeting
If you also require authentication to join your meeting, your registrants will need to register with an email that is associated with an active Zoom account. This must be done before registration can be completed. Authentication profiles can also require the registrant to join the webinar with the account that matches the email they registered with.
Note: When scheduling a meeting with authentication required, hosts can add authentication exceptions (and import a CSV file to bulk upload authentication exceptions) using the participants’ names and email addresses. These participants will receive unique meeting invite links and bypass authentication.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
- Click Schedule a Meeting or edit an existing meeting.
- In the Registration section, select the Required checkbox.
- Click Save.
After scheduling the meeting, the Registration, Email Settings, and Branding tabs will appear.
How to customize registration options
Note: This setting is only available to Business, Education, or Enterprise accounts.
After you schedule the meeting, you can customize registration options:
- Click the Registration tab.
- In the Registration Options section, click Edit.
The Registration pop-up window will appear.
- Customize options on the following tabs as needed:
- Registration tab
- Automatically Approve: Registrants will automatically receive information on how to join the webinar.
- Manually Approve: The organizer must approve registrants before they receive information on how to join the webinar. Any registrants still pending will not be able to join the meeting.
- Send an email to host: Select this option if you want to receive an email when someone registers for your meeting. Participants will receive an email when you approve their registration.
- Close registration after meeting date: Select this option if you want to prevent anyone from registering after the meeting date and projected end time. Participants can still register on the event date and once the meeting starts, as long as it is before the projected end time of the meeting. For example, if you schedule a meeting for 9 AM with a duration of 2 hours, the registration will close at 11 AM.
Note: If you enable this setting and make your meeting available on-demand, people can use the original registration link to register for the on-demand meeting recording.
- Allow registrants to join from multiple devices: Select this option to allow meeting participants to join from multiple devices, such as computers and phones.
- Restrict number of registrants: Select this option if you want to restrict the number of registrants for your meeting. Once the meeting has reached the specified number of registrants, no one will be able to register for the meeting.
- Show social share buttons on registration page: Provides buttons to share the registration page to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or email.
- Show join info on registration confirmation page: The join info is displayed on the confirmation web page if the user registers less than 5 min before the start of the session, or if the session is already in progress. Displaying this info means that the user can join the session without verifying that the email address used to register belongs to them.
- Questions tab
- Select the checkboxes for the field(s) you would like to include on your registration page.
- (Optional) Select the Required checkbox if you want to make that field required.
- First Name and Email Address are always required.
- Some fields like Country/Region and State/Province will appear as dropdown menus for participants.
- (Optional) Click + Add Question to create a custom question.
- In the text box, enter the question.
- Choose the type of question: Short Text or Single Choice.
- (Optional) Select the Required checkbox if you want to require participants to answer the custom question.
- For single choice questions, enter the answer options.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 1-5 to create more custom questions.
- Click Save to save your customized registration.
- (Optional) Click the pencil icon to edit the custom question.
- (Optional) Click the trash icon to delete the custom question.
- Registration tab
- When finished, click Save All to save changes made on every tab and close the Registration window.
How to customize registration emails
After you schedule the meeting, click the Email Settings tab to customize email settings related to registration. To the right of each setting, click Edit to change the settings as needed and save.
- Select Email Language: Set the language that registrants receive emails in. You can set a specific language, or choose Same as recipients' default language to allow Zoom to automatically respond in the language they view the registration page in.
- Email Contact: Adjust the contact information provided to registrants if they have questions about the meeting.
- Confirmation Email to Registrants: Set if you want the confirmation email sent to registrants upon approval. If enabled, you can edit the email subject and make some additions to the body of the email template. Click Send me a preview email to view how the email will appear to registrants.
Note: More extensive changes to the email template must be made by an admin within the account's Branding settings.
How to customize registration branding
After you schedule the meeting, click the Branding tab to customize branding options for your registration page:
- Banner: Click Upload to add an image that appears at the top of your invitation page.
- Logo: Click Upload to add an image that appears to the right of the meeting topic on your invitation page, registration page, and email invitation.
- (Optional) Click Add Description to add alt text to the image. The description isn't visually displayed on the screen but helps people with visual impairments to access and understand the image.
How to manage meeting registrants
After scheduling a meeting with registration, participants can individually register for your meeting, or you can bulk import registrants through CSV import.
On the Registration tab, click View to see a list of people that have registered for the meeting. Learn more about managing meeting registrants.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.