Sakai is an LMS system and Zoom will be an external tool for teachers to start meetings with his or her students.
- You must be on an Education, Business, API, or Enterprise plan.
- Log into your Zoom account and obtain the LTI Key and Secret. This is found under Integrations.
- Login to Sakai with your admin credentials and select Worksite Set-Up in Sakai
- Select the class. For this case it is Test Zoom
- Select the Manage Tools tab
- Scroll down and select the External Tools option
- You should arrive at Customize Toll Instances and should be able to Name your External Tool. In this case we've named it Zoom Testing
- Once completed, you should be able to see the Tool created in the main bar
- Input the following info:
Remote Tool URL: https://zoom.us/lti
Remote Tool Key: Your Zoom LTI Key
Remote Tool Secret: Your Zoom LTI Secret
- Under Display Information set the button text and set the Tool Title. Under Releasing Roster Information, select Send Email Addresses to the External Tool. Once completed select "Update Options".
- Once updated, your Zoom meeting will automatically start.