Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across multiple platforms. Follow this article to learn about the basic features of the Zoom app on Chrome OS.
While the Chrome OS app allows you to start or join a meeting, invite contacts to meet with you, manage participants, and more, the Chrome OS app does not offer all features available on the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or web client.
This article covers:
- Sign in and join
- Start a meeting
- Join a meeting
- In meeting controls
- More resources
Sign in and join
After launching Zoom, click Join a Meeting to join a meeting without signing in. If you want to sign in and start or schedule your own meeting, click Sign In.
Start a meeting
After signing in, you will see the Start a meeting tab, where you can click these options:
- Start with video: Start an instant meeting with video enabled.
- Start without video: Start an instant meeting with video disabled.
- (Optional) Check Use My Personal Meeting ID (PMI) to start your instant meeting with your personal meeting ID.
Join a meeting
Click the Join a meeting tab to join a meeting in progress. Enter the meeting ID and click Join. You can also check the following boxes before joining:
- Don't connect to audio: If you choose not to connect to computer audio automatically, you will be prompted to connect to audio once you join the meeting.
- Turn off my video: You will be able to start your video once you join the meeting.
Click the Contacts tab to view and manage your contacts. You will see a directory of all your contacts. You can also search for contacts. After selecting a contact, you can start an instant meeting with them.
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can access the meeting controls located at the bottom of the meeting window (move your mouse in the Zoom window to display meeting controls).
Click the gear icon to access your settings.
- Video: Update your video settings.
- Enable mirror effect: Horizontally flip your video. This option is useful if your camera flips your video by default.
- Always show video preview dialog when joining a video meeting: Show a preview of your video each time you join a meeting.
- Hide non-video participants: Hide participants' thumbnail if they don't have video enabled. Thumbnails for non-video participants display their name.
- Audio: Update your audio settings.
- Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting: Automatically join meetings with computer audio, instead of displaying a prompt to join.
- Always mute microphone when joining a meeting
- Automatically adjust microphone volume: Automatically make your microphone softer or louder as needed to normalize the volume and make it easier for other participants to hear you. If you are having issues with your audio fading in and out, you may want to turn this setting off.
- Accessibility: Choose to always show meeting controls and view available keyboard shortcuts.
- Statistics: View network statistics for audio, video, and screen sharing while in a meeting.
- About Zoom: View the current version.