The polling feature for meetings allows you to create multiple choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your attendees. You also have the ability to download a report of polling after the meeting.
- Host user type must be Pro
- PC version 3.5.63382.0829 or Mac Version 3.5.63439.0829
- The meeting must be a scheduled meeting, instant meetings do not have polling capability
How to enable polling
- Log in to your Zoom Profile and go to your profile settings. Go to the In Meeting (Basic) settings, click edit, and enable polling.
- Go to your My Meetings tab. You will be able to see the list of your scheduled meetings here.
- Either schedule a new meeting or choose an existing meeting. Once the meeting is scheduled you will have an option to enable polling.
- Note: If you would like to download the results from the poll and see how each user voted, you will need to require registration.
- On the meeting management page, scroll down to Poll and click Add.
- Enter a title for the Poll and click "Add a Question".
- Enter the question and any possible answers.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add multiple questions.
- Once complete, click Save.
- To add another Poll, repeat steps 3-7.
How to launch a poll
- Start the scheduled Zoom meeting that has polling enabled.
- Select the Polling option in the menu bar.
- Select the poll you would like to launch.
- Click Launch Poll.
- The participants in the meeting will now be prompted to answer the polling questions. The host will be able to see the results live.
- Once you would like to stop the poll, click End Poll.
- If you would like to share the results to the participants in the meeting, click Share Results.
Participants will then see the results of the polling questions.
Downloading a Report of Poll Results
You can download a report of the poll results after the meeting. If registration was turned on, it will list the participants' names and email addresses. If registration was not on, it will show the results, but list the users as "Guest".
- Go to Reports.
- Choose Meeting.
- Choose Poll Report.
- Adjust the date range so that it includes the date of your meeting.
- Click Search.
- Click Generate for the meeting that you want poll results for.
- This will take you to the Report Queue page. The report will need to process.
- When the report is done processing, the page will refresh and a download button will automatically appear. Click Download to download the CSV of your poll results.