- You are currently on a Pro, Business, Education or API plan
- You have a Zoom email account (work email)
HipChat Integration allows you start an instant or scheduled meeting quickly through a HipChat room. Meetings created in HipChat will appear on your Zoom account.
How to Set Up HipChat Integration
- You will first need to install the Zoom Addon. To do this, login to your HipChat account.
- Click on the Integrations Tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for Install an integration from a descriptor URL
- Enter: https://www.zoom.us/hipchat/capabilities.json as the URL and click Install.
- Select the room you would like to add the integration to and click Continue.
- Click Approve to add the integration.
- Go to the room that has the Addon installed.
- Click Sign In Zoom on the right and login with your Zoom Work Email Account credentials. (Facebook/Google/SSO logins are not currently supported).
- On the right hand pane, you should now see the number of upcoming meetings on your account. Click this and you can start any upcoming meeting.
How to Use the HipChat Integration
- In order to start an Instant Meeting, type /zoom or click the + to the left of the text box and select Start Zoom Meeting Now. This will send a notification to the room and anyone can click the ID to join.
- To start an instant meeting with a specified topic, type /zoom [topic].
- To start a scheduled meeting, click the Upcoming Meetings tab on the right pane and click start next to the desired meeting.