The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features, which include:
- Join audio through telephone
- Invite others
- Start/stop cloud recording - if the host
- View shared content
- Raise Hand
- Lock meeting - if the host
Through your settings, you can control if the Join From Browser link appears automatically or if it only appears once the participants attempts to download the Zoom client. Learn more.
This article covers:
- Joining the Meeting or Webinar
- Joining Audio
- Inviting Others
- Host Controls
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 49.0 or higher
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, select download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will appear.
- You will be prompted to enter your name.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting.
Once you have joined, you can dial into the meeting to join. To view the options for joining audio, click Join Audio.
Instructions for joining the audio will be displayed. Call Me and Toll Free numbers require a Premium Audio Subscription.
- Click Invite to open the options to view others.
- The available options will depend on the available add-ons for your account, if you are the host, and if you are logged in.
- Invite by Email: This will open up the options to send an email with your default email client, Gmail, Yahoo email, copy the URL, or copy the entire invitation.
- Invite by Phone: If you have a Premium Audio Subscription, you can call out to participants by phone. Enter the name you would like to display for them, select their country, enter their phone number, and click Invite.
- Invite a Room System: If you have the Cloud Room Connector add-on, View the information for an H.323 or SIP room system to join the call or invite them by calling out to their IP address.
If you are the meeting host and are signed in to your Zoom account on the web, you will have additional options available.
- Click Manage to manage the participants.
- Hover over a participant's name and click More for additional options.
- Rename: Change the participant's name in the meeting.
- Make Host: Transfer host controls to this participant.
- Put in Waiting Room: Remove this participant to the waiting room. You will then have the option to readmit them.
- Remove: Remove this participant from the meeting.
Locking the meeting prevents any new participants from joining the meeting.