Guidelines for Vanity URL requests
A Vanity URL is a custom URL for your company, such as yourcompany.zoom.us. You can apply for a Vanity URL or use a suggested Vanity URL from Zoom. This subdomain is required for configuration if you intend to turn on SSO (Single Sign On) and is where you would direct your users to login via SSO. Optionally, you can also brand this vanity page to have customized logo/branding, but generally your end-users do not type to access this vanity page directly and instead click a link to join a meeting. This vanity page is not used for webinar registration or waiting room, although both of these can be customized individually.
If your account already has a Vanity URL and need to have it changed, submit a request to Zoom Support. Your new Vanity URL will need to meet the same requirements as a new Vanity URL, listed below.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for Vanity URL requests
- Business, Education, Enterprise, or API plan
- Account owner or admin
- A custom domain owned by your organization
Note: Widely used, generic domains, such as @gmail.com or @outlook.com, cannot be used
Guidelines and Requirements
- You can apply for your Vanity URL at https://zoom.us/account
- You must submit a Vanity URL request from your official domain and not a public domain (gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.)
- Vanity URLs should match your company's domain name. For example:
- "hooli.com" should apply for "hooli.zoom.us".
- “hooli.org” should apply for “hooli-org.zoom.us”
- “hooli.com.au” should apply for “hooli-au.zoom.us”
- “hooli.org.au” should apply for “hooli-org-au.zoom.us”
- "hooli.edu" should apply for "hooli-edu.zoom.us"
- If you submit your request from firstname.lastname@example.org and request hooli.zoom.us, you must submit evidence that you own hooli.com
- If you need a vanity URL for a sub-account or department, it should contain the department name and the organization's domain name.
- For example, if you need a vanity URL for your IT department, you should request "hooli-it.zoom.us".
- Vanity URLs should be at least 4 characters in length (https://1234.zoom.us).
- Vanity URLs must only contain letters, numbers and dashes (-).
- You can select from pre-defined Vanity URLs that Zoom suggests based on your account information.
- Vanity URLs conforming to the guidelines will be approved within 1 business day. Non-conforming Vanity URLS will be declined or approved within 4-5 business days. Notifications will be sent to the email address of the user who requested the URL.
- We reserve the right to remove or change your Vanity URL if there is a conflict between 2 companies for the same Vanity URL. You will be notified prior to any changes.
How to change an existing Vanity URL
If your account has already been approved for a Vanity URL, but need to change it, please contact Zoom Support.
The new Vanity URL will need to conform to the guidelines above, and you should inform Zoom Support if you require the previous Vanity URL to redirect to the new Vanity URL. This is important if you still have active meeting links with the previous Vanity URL and want to ensure they still work without resending invites with the updated link.
After the new Vanity URL is approved, you will also need to adjust the SSO settings with the new Vanity URL, as well as sign-in again to any scheduling extensions or plugins.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.