You can enable your Zoom Rooms with telephone functionality without the need of a physical conference phone in the room.
There are 2 options to do so:
- Zoom Rooms Call-Out for outgoing calls only, or
- Zoom Rooms as SIP Phone Client for incoming and outgoing calls leveraging your internal PBX system, such as Cisco’s CUCM, Avaya, Shoretel or RingCentral.
You have the ability to dial another telephone user for a 1:1 phone call, or call into a conference bridge for a non-Zoom meeting.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (see CUCM for 3rd party SIP phones and instructions below)
- Avaya Aura Communicator (see instructions below)
- Shoretel (see instructions below)
Incoming Calls Only:
- Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC/Touch version 3.6x and higher
- Zoom Rooms iPad controller version 3.6x and higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android version 1.0.40109.0721 or higher
Incoming and Outgoing Calls:
- Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC/Touch version 4.0 and higher
- Zoom Rooms iPad controller version 4.0 and higher
To configure a Zoom Room to use PBX for incoming and outgoing calls:
- Log into zoom.us as a Zoom Rooms administrator.
- Click Zoom Rooms and then click the Edit button (on the Rooms tab) for the room you want to configure.
This opens the Edit Room page.
- Navigate to SIP Phone Integration, then click the Add link.
- Choose the Transport protocol (UDP, TLS, or TCP) and enter the information in the other required and optional fields on the page, then click Save Changes.
Note: If you are uncertain about how to complete this page, contact your IT support engineer.
- A confirmation message appears at the top of the page, letting you know that your SIP phone has been successfully registered.