Upgrade Magewell USB Capture HDMI firmware
The Magewell USB Capture HDMI device allows wired HDMI screen sharing from a laptop or mobile device. The default image capture is 16:10 (with 2 black bars). You can upgrade the firmware to switch to 16:9 (no black bars) if the laptop device outputs 16:9.
Note: Macbook pro only outputs 16:10
Prerequisites for upgrading Magewell USB Capture HDMI firmware
- Magewell USB Capture HDMI device
- Magewell USB Capture HMDI firmware 1.14.17 and higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC version 3.6 and higher
- PC running Win7, Win 8, 8.1, or win 10 with USB 2.0 port to install the upgrade tool
How to upgrade Magewell USB Capture HDMI firmware
- Download the upgrade tool zip file.
- Connect the USB Capture HDMI device to your USB 2.0 port.
- Extract the zip file and run the Donglehelper.exe file.
- Open the Donglehelper QSM pdf file.
- Follow the instructions to upgrade.
- For Windows PC, use Bulk mode firmware; for MacOS, use iOS mode firmware.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.