Gallery view lets you see thumbnail displays of participants, in a grid pattern, which expands and contracts as participants join and leave the meeting. Depending on your CPU, you can display up to 49 participants in a single screen of the gallery view. If more than 49 attendees are in the meeting, 49 thumbnails are displayed on each page. view up to 1,000 thumbnails by clicking the right or left arrows in gallery view to display the next 49 participants.
Note: While using dual monitors in the desktop client gallery view will still only be shown on one monitor.
Requirements for displaying up to 49 thumbnails per page:
- Zoom Desktop Client for macOS or Windows version 4.1.x.0122 or later
- Supported processors for single monitor
- Intel i7, i9, Xeon - 2 cores or higher
- Intel Atom - 6 cores or higher
- Other Intel processors - 6 cores or higher and 3.0GHz frequency or higher
- Supported processors for dual monitors
- Intel i7, i9, Xeon - 4 cores or higher
- Intel Atom - 6 cores or higher and 1.6GHz frequency of higher; or 8 cores or higher
- Other Intel processors - 8 cores or higher and 3.0GHz frequency or higher; or 12 cores or higher
To display up to 49 participants on a single screen of the Gallery View:
- Sign in to the Zoom client.
- Click Settings, and then click Video to display the video settings page.
- Enable the option Display up to 49 participants per screen in Gallery View.
Note that if your computer does not meet the CPU requirements, this option is unavailable.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Click Gallery View in the top-right corner.
If the meeting has 49 or fewer attendees, all of them are displayed on a single page. If more than 49 attendees are in the meeting, 49 thumbnails are displayed on each page.
Note: You may need to change to full-screen mode or adjust the size of your window to accommodate all 49 thumbnails.
The Zoom mobile app on Android and iOS supports active speaker or gallery view.
- Start or join a meeting. By default, the Zoom mobile app displays the active speaker view. If one or more participants joins the meeting, you will see a video thumbnail in the bottom-right corner.
- Swipe left from the active speaker view to switch to gallery view.
You can view up to 4 participants' video at the same time. You can keep swiping left to view more participants' video.
- Swipe right to the first screen to switch back to active speaker view.
The Zoom mobile app on iPad supports active speaker or gallery view. Gallery view allows you to see up to 9 participants at once.
- To switch from active speaker view, tap Switch to Gallery View in the upper-left corner of the Zoom window. If you do not see the controls, tap your screen to get them to appear.
- This will switch into gallery view. You can view up to 9 people at a time.
- To switch back to active speaker, tap the screen to view the controls and tap Switch to Active Speaker in the upper left corner of the Zoom window.