Zoom’s On-Premise solution can be configured in multiple ways depending on business needs. By default, On-Premise creates a single meeting zone that evenly distributes meetings between all servers within that zone. If servers will be geographically distributed, it’s recommended to create an independent meeting zone for each cluster of servers. This distributed model ensures Zoom will always choose the optimum available zone for a given meeting and thus ensures the highest standard for performance and system availability.
Each meeting zone will require at least one controller VM and a second can be deployed if high availability within a zone is required. If deploying more than two zones, we recommend contacting Zoom for best practices.
This article explains configuring multiple meeting zones. If setting up a single meeting zone, see Getting Started with Meeting Connector.
Prerequisites for deploying multiple zones
A deployed meeting connector
Deploying the secondary meeting connector
Before configuring for multiple zones, deploy a secondary Meeting Connector using the standard deployment procedures.
How to configure for multiple zones
- Log into the web management interface using the URL provided on the console of the Controller VM. The default username is admin and the password is admin
- Edit the network settings on the Network tab of the web management interface and click Save Settings.
- On the Configuration tab, select if this VM will be the first or second controller for the meeting zone and enter the IP address information for the controller(s) for the given zone.
- Copy the account-specific on-premise token by visiting https://zoom.us/account/hybrid.
- In the Configuration tab of the web management interface of the Controller VM, paste the on-premise token.
- Click Save Settings.
- Sign into the console of the Controller VM. The default username is admin and the password is admin
- Open the following configuration file using a text editor: /opt/zoom/conf/ssb.cfg
- Find the setting labeled MMZ within the SSB section of the configuration and change the number following the word zone to 1 or 2 to reflect the appropriate meeting zone.
- Save the ssb.cfg file.
- Reboot the Controller VM.
- Repeat this process for each additional Controller VM.
- If deploying other on-premise servers, ensure they are configured to use the appropriate controller(s) for the meeting zone where they are located.