Zoom’s On-Premise solution can be configured in multiple ways depending on business needs. By default, On-Premise creates a single meeting zone that evenly distributes meetings between all servers within that zone. If servers will be geographically distributed, it’s recommended to create an independent meeting zone for each cluster of servers. This distributed model ensures Zoom will always choose the optimum available zone for a given meeting and thus ensures the highest standard for performance and system availability.
Each meeting zone will require at least one controller VM and a second can be deployed if high availability within a zone is required. If deploying more than two zones, we recommend contacting Zoom for best practices.
This article explains configuring multiple meeting zones. If setting up a single meeting zone, see Getting Started with Meeting Connector.
- Enabling Meeting Connector
- Please visit https://zoom.us/account/hybrid and click Enable Meeting Connector.
- Please visit https://zoom.us/account/hybrid/download and download the OVF file and VMDK file for the Controller VM.
- Deploy the OVF and VMDK file within the virtualization infrastructure following the applicable vendor’s instructions.
- Power on the newly deployed Controller VM and allow it to boot.
- Log into the web management interface using the URL provided on the console of the Controller VM. The default username is root and the password is zoomvideo
- Edit the network settings on the Network tab of the web management interface and click Save Settings.
- On the Configuration tab, select if this VM will be the first or second controller for the meeting zone and enter the IP address information for the controller(s) for the given zone.
- Copy the account specific on-premise token by visiting https://zoom.us/account/hybrid
- Paste the on-premise token on the Configuration tab of the web management interface of the Controller VM and click Save Settings.
- Sign into the console of the Controller VM. The default username is root and the password is zoomvideo
- Open the following configuration file using a text editor: /opt/zoom/conf/ssb.cfg
- Find the setting labeled MMZ within the SSB section of the configuration and change the number following the word zone to 1 or 2 to reflect the appropriate meeting zone.
- Save the ssb.cfg file.