Adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
There are two ways to add Zoom Rooms; from the web portal or on the Zoom Room Controller.
You can quickly add a new Zoom Room from the Zoom Room controller. Setting the room up from the controller allows you to set the room name, a calendar integration, location, and the room passcode. If you need to configure additional options, use the web portal.
Zoom Rooms support a maximum of ten controllers simultaneously. Zoom Room scheduling displays, web-based controllers, Zoom app desktop controllers, iOS/Android mobile device controllers, and paired Zoom desktop and mobile clients do not count against this limit, as they have their own, separate limits.
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- Computer that meets the hardware requirements
- Controller device that meets the hardware requirements
- Zoom Rooms global minimum version or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller global minimum version or higher
Note: Zoom Rooms for Touch on the iPad does not support the use of a paired Zoom Rooms Controller; instead, use the Zoom Rooms for Touch controls on the iPad itself.
How to add Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- Download and install Zoom Rooms Conference Room application on the computer and Zoom Rooms app on the controller device.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the computer.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the controller.
- The computer will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the controller.
- On the controller, tap Sign In.
- Sign in as an account owner, admin, or user with Zoom Rooms privileges.
Note: tap Sign In with Google to use your Google account, or Sign In with Email to use an email address, or Enter Activation Code to sign in with an activation code.
- Tap + Add New Room.
- Enter the room name.
- Tap Next.
- Tap the type of calendar you would like to add or tap Set Up Later.
- If you have previously setup locations on the Zoom Rooms admin portal, you can select a location. Otherwise, this step is automatically skipped.
- Enter the passcode you would like to set for the room. Learn more about the passcode and when it is used.
- Tap Done.
- Your room is now set up and ready for use.
Note: If you have trouble connecting the controller to the room system, please check your firewall configuration.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.