There are 2 ways to add Zoom Rooms; from the web portal or on the Zoom Room Controller.
You can quickly add a new Zoom Room from the Zoom Room controller. Setting the room up from the controller allows you to set the room name, a calendar integration, location, and the room passcode. If you need to configure additional options, use the web portal.
- Mac computer that meets hardware requirements
- iPad that meets hardware requirements
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac version 4.1.20278.0206 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC : pending
- Zoom Rooms for iPad Controller version 4.3.20093.0201 or later
Setting Up a Test Zoom Room
- Install Zoom Rooms Conference Room application on the computer and Zoom Rooms app on the controller device.
- Open Zoom Rooms on the computer.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the controller.
- The computer will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the controller.
- On the controller, tap Sign In.
- Sign in as an account owner, admin, or user with Zoom Rooms privileges.
Note: click Sign In with Google to use your Google account or Enter Activation Code to sign in with an activation code.
- Tap Create a New Room or Add New Room.
- Enter the room name.
- Tap Next.
- Tap the type of calendar you would like to add or tap Set Up Later.
- If you have previously setup locations on the Zoom Rooms admin portal, you can select a location. Otherwise, this step is automatically skipped.
- Enter the passcode you would like to set for the room. Learn more about the passcode and when it is used.
- Tap Done.
- Your room is now set up and ready for use.