Testing a Zoom Room setup
You can set up a Zoom Room without a license to test the Zoom Rooms functionality or join meetings. When testing or joining a meeting from an unlicensed room, you will have limited functionality. You will be able to send and receive video and audio. However, you will not be able to invite participants, record, or share content.
If you already sign in to a Zoom Rooms display, you can remotely test a Zoom Room using the web-based controller.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for testing a Zoom Room setup
- Zoom Rooms version 5.1.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller app for iOS version 5.1.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller app for Android version 5.1.0 or later
How to set up a Zoom Room for testing
- Install the Zoom Rooms for Conference Room application on the computer and the Zoom Rooms app on the controller device.
- Open the Zoom Rooms application on the computer.
- Open the Zoom Rooms application on the controller.
The computer will display a pairing code.
- Enter this code on the controller.
Your Zoom Room will now be available to launch a test meeting or join a meeting.
How to start a test meeting
You can start a test meeting with limited functionality by tapping Start a Test Meeting on the controller. A test meeting allows sending and receiving video and audio. Inviting participants, recording, and sharing content is disabled.
How to join a meeting
You can join a meeting from an unlicensed room. This allows you to share video and audio, and view a screen shared by others. Inviting participants, recording, and sharing content is disabled.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.