You can set up a Zoom Room without a license to test the Zoom Rooms functionality or join meetings. When testing or joining a meeting from an unlicensed room, you will have limited functionality. You will be able to send and receive video and audio. However, you will not be able to invite participants, record, or share content.
If you already sign in to a Zoom Rooms display, you can remotely test a Zoom Room using the web-based controller.
This article covers:
- Mac computer that meets hardware requirements
- iPad that meets hardware requirements
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac version 4.1.20278.0206 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller app for iOS version 4.3 or later
Setting up a Zoom Room for testing
- Install the Zoom Rooms for Conference Room application on the computer and the Zoom Rooms app on the controller device.
- Open the Zoom Rooms application on the computer.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the controller.
- The computer will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the controller.
- Your Zoom Room will now be available to launch a test meeting or join a meeting.
Starting a test meeting
You can start a test meeting with limited functionality by tapping Start a Test Meeting on the controller. A test meeting will offer limited functionality to test sending and receiving video and audio. You will not be able to invite participants, record, or share content.
Joining a Meeting
You can join a meeting from an unlicensed room. This will allow you to share video and audio and view a screen shared by others. You will not be able to invite participants, record, or share content.