Zoom Rooms AV Integrator Overview
In this article we will discuss traditional integration versus Zoom Room integrations by answering the following questions:
- How can Zoom replace current audio/visual designs, including switchers and control systems?
- How can a computer replace a legacy Video Conferencing Codec?
- What is the difference between a standards-based video conferencing environment and a cloud-based video conferencing environment?
- How has Zoom been built to move the conference room into the future and eliminate functionalities that are no longer needed from the legacy model?
What can Zoom Rooms accomplish in the conference room?
- Wireless screen sharing solution (In- and out-of-meeting)
- Video and audio collaboration environment
- PBX-registered or call-out phone dialing
- Device-agnostic solution (recommended hardware detailed)
- Room scheduler (included with license)
- Digital signage (included with license)
- One-touch meetings with calendar integration (Google/Outlook)
- Meeting recorder
- Zoom Rooms for Touch
|Traditional Integration||Zoom Rooms Integrations|
Call Control / Management
Fully Cloud-Based Platform:
No On-Premise Hardware.
No 3rd party options for Camera
Expensive and Limiting!
Any UVC-controllable camera
All hardware is off the shelf allowing unlimited hardware options
Difficult to use:
Expertise is almost always required
User training almost always required for custom integrations
OpEx cost associated with hiring team
Easy to Use:
Zoom designed to help manage your environment and minimize headcount needed to run a high quality Video Collaboration environment
No need for user training - intuitive standard design
Proprietary Hardware Integration Comparison
- Hardware-based VS software-based USB Rooms
- Proprietary hardware solution VS device-agnostic USB solution
- Guides for standard USB conference rooms:
Expensive proprietary hardware requirements are a thing of the past. Software-based conferencing is device agnostic, allowing more freedom of choice among hardware being used in the conference room. Computer, controller, microphone, speaker and camera are all off-the-shelf hardware, enabling room-based video conferencing in any space.
Below you will see traditional codec-only integrations vs a cloud based USB solution:
Zoom Rooms Integration
Traditional AV integration comparison
- Audio/Visual integration VS Cloud/Software system with integrated audio system
- Complex hardware solution VS simplified hardware solution with the same user experience.
AV switching and control is no longer necessary, as peripheral inputs are rarely a requirement in the conference room (ie. Blu ray players, physical HDMI/VGA connections, etc). Zoom can now be the wireless video solution to display a laptop, while the switching system can be eliminated.
When control systems are necessary for environmental control, such as shades and lighting, the ZR-CSAPI is available to control of the ZR computer via a 3rd party controller.
Below you will see traditional AV switching environments with control systems and multiple switched inputs vs a DSP-integrated Cloud-Based system:
(AV System - Codec as Peripheral Device)
Zoom Rooms Integrations
(Zoom Room as AV System)
To become a Zoom Rooms Certified Integrator, you can apply through the application.
For any more details on Zoom Rooms Certified Integrator Program, please email email@example.com
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.