The code snippet feature allows you to copy and paste code over chat and preserve the code formatting. This must be enabled by the account owner or admin and requires a separate package download.
This article covers:
- Enabling the code snippet for your account
- Enabling the code snippet for your chat
- Downloading the code snippet package
- Sending a code snippet
- Viewing a code snippet
- Copying a code snippet
- Zoom desktop client for Mac version 4.1.23108.0402 or later; Zoom desktop client for Windows version 4.1.23108.0402 or later
- Account owner or admin permission to enable the setting
- Login to the Zoom web portal and navigate to IM Management.
- Click the IM Settings tab.
- Toggle Code Snippet to on (blue).
It will now be enabled for your account.
- In your Zoom client, click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Click the Chat tab.
- Check the Show Code Snippet button option.
- Close the settings.
Your chat will now show a Code button.
The first time that you send a code snippet, you will prompted to install the code snippet package. You only need to install it once on your computer, unless you uninstall Zoom.
- Click Code.
- Click Download.
- The code snippet package will install and after installation, the code snippet window will open automatically.
- After enabling the code snippet option, click Code.
- This will open up the code window.
- Title: Enter an optional title for your code snippet.
- Text: Select if this code snippet is text, or another type of code.
- Wrap: Check this if you want to wrap
- Paste or type your code.
- Click Create Snippet to send it.
- Click View more lines.
- A new window will open with the entire code snippet.
- Hover over the code snippet in the chat window.
- Click the …
- Click Copy.
This will copy the code to your clipboard and you can paste it elsewhere.