The push-to-talk feature allows you to remain muted throughout your Zoom meeting and hold down the spacebar when you want to be unmuted and talk.
Learn about all host controls in a meeting or all attendee controls in a meeting.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using push-to-talk
- Zoom desktop client for Mac version 4.1.23108.0402 or later
- Zoom desktop client for Windows version 4.1.23108.0402 or later
How to enable push-to-talk
- In the Zoom desktop client, click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Click the Audio tab.
- Check the option Press and hold 'Space Key' to temporarily unmute.
- This setting is now enabled. You can close the settings.
How to use push-to-talk
When you are in a Zoom meeting and you are muted, hold the spacebar when you want to talk and the Zoom window is in focus. Your screen will show a message indicating that you are temporarily unmuted and the microphone will appear green when you talk.
Note: You will not be able to unmute yourself with push to talk if the host has prevented participants from unmuting.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.