You can set up a custom live stream of a Zoom webinar to a Facebook timeline, group, page, or event. This is an alternative to the integrated Facebook Live Stream feature. Panelists and attendees can join via Zoom or attendees can join on Facebook Live to watch and comment.
This article covers:
- Webinar feature is enabled
- Custom Live Streaming Enabled in Webinar Settings
- Zoom Desktop client version 4.0 or higher for Windows or Mac
- Admin or editor permission for a Facebook page to stream
- Admin permissions for a Facebook group to stream
Configure streaming before the webinar starts
- On Facebook, click Live Video on the page, group, event, or your timeline where you would like to go live.
- Click Connect.
Note: If you are not able to start the live stream, clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try again.
- Click Schedule.
- Select the date and time of your webinar.
- Click Schedule.
- On the Go Live announcement, click Edit Your Details.
- In another browser tab, sign into Zoom and navigate to the My Webinars page.
- Schedule a new webinar or click on the topic of an existing webinar.
- Click the Live Streaming tab.
- Click Configure Live Streaming Settings.
- Copy the Server URL from Facebook and paste it into Server URL field in Zoom.
- Copy the Stream Key from Facebook and paste it into the into the Server URL field in Zoom.
- Copy the URL of the page, group, or timeline where you are live streaming and paste it into the Stream URL field in Zoom.
- Click Save on Zoom.
- You can now close the Facebook tab. The Live Stream settings are now configured and you will be able to start the live stream at the time of your webinar.
Start live streaming at the time of the webinar
- After starting your webinar, click More in the webinar controls and click Live on Custom Streaming Service.
- You will see a prompt that the live streaming service is preparing.
- If it is the time that you indicated when you scheduled the live stream, it will start automatically. If it is before the time that you selected, click Edit Your Details to start the stream.