The Polycom Trio is a device for the conference room that, when attached to a Zoom Room, can operate as a combination of a speakerphone and a controller. Zoom and Polycom have partnered to provide this combined solution by embedding the Zoom Rooms controller software within the Polycom Trio firmware. The Polycom Trio is available either as part of a Polycom Trio for Zoom Rooms Kit or as a standalone device. Additional details are available in the Polycom Trio Solutions Guide.
This article covers:
- Configuring your Polycom Trio
- Setting up your Zoom Room
- Setting up the Room Hardware
- Updating your Polycom Trio
- Zoom Rooms Polycom Trio with the latest firmware update
- Zoom Rooms license
- Computer with Zoom Rooms for Mac or Windows installed
- Conference room camera
- One or more displays
- Account Owner, Admin, or Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
If you purchased a Polycom Trio for Zoom Rooms kit with Zoom preconfigured or the Trio is displaying the Zoom Room Controller pairing interface shown as below, simply pair it.
Zoom Room Controller pairing screen on a Polycom Trio:
If you purchased a standalone Polycom Trio or using an existing Polycom Trio, you need to first provision the Trio via any of the follow methods:
- Using the Polycom Resource Manager or Polycom Cloud Management
- Using the Polycom Web Configuration Utility
- Using the Zoom Provisioning Server on the Polycom Device
- Factory reset the Polycom Trio
- Update the Trio provisioning server to trio.zoom.us
This can be done on the web interface or on the device.
- On the device, select Settings > Advanced > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Provisioning Server.
- On the web interface, select Settings > Provisioning Server.
- Wait for the provisioning to complete, which will take approximately 5-10 minutes. The Polycom Trio will reboot once or twice.
- The new firmware along with Zoom Rooms Controller will be loaded
- Once completed, the pairing screen will appear.
- Sign into the Zoom web portal and navigate to Zoom Rooms.
- Click Add Room.
The Add a Zoom Room page displays.
- Configure the Room Settings.
- Room Name: Enter the Room name.
- Calendar: (Optional) If you’ve already linked a calendar service, you can choose the calendar for this room at this time. Note that you can also choose the calendar at a later time.
- Room Type: Select Zoom Room.
- Connect the room display to the Zoom Rooms computer via HDMI or Thunderbolt.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the network port on the computer.
- Connect your camera to a USB port on the computer.
- Connect the Polycom Trio to a USB port on the computer.
- Connect another Ethernet cable to the Polycom Trio. The Polycom Trio receives power over Ethernet and will boot up automatically once connected.
- Turn on your computer.
- Make note of the pairing code shown on the display and enter the code on the Polycom Trio.
- Sign in to your Zoom Room or enter the activation code.
If you purchased a Polycom Trio kit and would like to update that device, enter the provisioning server on the Trio’s web portal (https://xx.xx.xx.xx -> IP address of the Trio). You can locate the IP address of the Polycom Trio on the Trio, within Zoom, under Settings > About. After completing this once, the device will auto-update in the future.