Using Zoom Rooms check-in / check-out features
The Zoom Rooms check-in and check-out features help maximize your room utilization. When this option is turned on, users must start the scheduled Zoom meeting or check in to keep a room reservation. If a user does not check in within a configurable number of minutes after the scheduled start time, the room is released from the scheduled meeting and will be made available for others to use. Zoom Rooms activity such as starting a scheduled meeting, starting an instant meeting, making a phone call, and starting a screen share count as checking in and does not require a separate check in.
If the meeting ends earlier than expected, you can also check-out of the scheduled meeting, which shortens the calendar event and makes that unused time available again for others to use.
This article covers:
- How to enable room check-in and check-out
- How to use room check-in
- How to use room check-out
Prerequisites for using check-in and check-out
- Zoom Rooms license
- Zoom Rooms global minimum version or higher
- Zoom Rooms controller global minimum version or higher
How to enable room check-in and check-out
After enabling the feature, you can also automatically remove recurring meetings from the Zoom Room after a specified number of missed check ins.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- You can use the location hierarchy to enable this setting for different rooms or locations. To enable the setting for the entire account, click Account Settings.
- Find the Setup section, and click the toggle for Room Check-In and Check-Out.
- Click Enable.
- (Optional) Change these settings:
- Adjust the amount of time prior to a meeting when users can check in and adjust the amount of time after the meeting start time before a meeting is released. You can select a number from the drop down or manually type in a number.
- Check Notify in-room participants on the Zoom Rooms display when users check in so that in-meeting participants are aware that the next scheduled meeting will occur.
- Check Remove recurring meeting series after instances to automatically remove recurring meetings from the Zoom Room after the specified number of missed check-ins.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all Zoom Rooms in your account, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
How to use room check-in
To check in to the Zoom Room start a scheduled meeting, instant meeting, screen share, or call out from the room. Alternatively, you can check in using the controller or scheduling display.
If you do not start or check in to a meeting within the configured time, the meeting will be cancelled and removed from the schedule.
Tap Check In on the controller to confirm that you’re in the room. If the scheduled meeting is a Zoom meeting, the controller will list Start instead of Check In.
Tap Check In for the Zoom meeting.
How to use room check-out
When your meeting is finished early and you wish to make the room available for others, tapping the Check Out option on the controller will adjust the calendar event so that the rest of the time slot is available.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.