The Zoom Rooms check-in and check-out features help maximize your room utilization. When this option is turned on, users must start the scheduled Zoom meeting or check in to keep a room reservation. If a user does not check in within a configurable number of minutes after the scheduled start time, the room is released from the scheduled meeting and will be made available for others to use. Zoom Rooms activity such as starting a scheduled meeting, starting an instant meeting, making a phone call, and starting a screen share count as checking in and does not require a separate check in.
If the meeting ends earlier than expected, you can also check-out of the scheduled meeting, which shortens the calendar event and makes that unused time available again for others to use.
This article covers:
- Enabling room check-in and check-out
- Using room check-in
- Using room check-out
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or later
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or later
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Chrome OS 3.6.7 (3675.0710) or later
Note: Only the check-in feature is currently supported for ChromeOS
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iOS 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or later
Enabling room check-in and check-out
Follow these steps to enable the Room Check-In and Check-Out features for all Zoom Rooms in your account. After enabling the feature, you can also automatically remove recurring meetings from the Zoom Room after a specified number of missed check ins.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Under Account Profile, toggle the Room Check-In and Check-Out feature to on.
- (Optional) Change these settings:
- Adjust the amount of time prior to a meeting when users can check in and adjust the amount of time after the meeting start time before a meeting is released. You can select a number from the drop down or manually type in a number.
- Check Remove recurring meeting series after instances to automatically remove recurring meetings from the Zoom Room after the specified number of missed check-ins.
Note: You can also enable this for a location, floor, or individual room. Read more about changing settings based on location.
Using room check-in
To check in to the Zoom Room simply start a scheduled meeting, start an instant meeting, call out from the room, or start a screen share. Alternatively, you can also check in using the controller or scheduling display.
If you do not start or check in to the meeting within the configured time, the meeting will be cancelled and removed from the schedule.
Tap Check In on the controller to confirm that you’re in the room. If the scheduled meeting is a Zoom meeting, the controller will list Start instead of Check In.
Tap Check In for the Zoom meeting.
Using room check-out
When your meeting is finished early and you wish to make this room available again for others, tapping the Check Out option on the controller will adjust the calendar event so that the rest of the time slot is available.
Tap the Check Out option on the controller.