The Zoom Rooms Check In feature helps maximize your room utilization. When this option is turned on, users must start the scheduled Zoom meeting or check in to keep a room reservation. If a user does not check in within a configurable number of minutes after the scheduled start time, the room is released from the scheduled meeting and will be made available for others to use. Zoom Rooms activity such as starting a scheduled meeting, starting an instant meeting, making a phone call, and starting a screen share count as checking in and does not require a separate check in.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC 4.1.27694.0702 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac 4.1.27694.0702 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iOS 4.3.27601.0628 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android 4.3.27613.0629 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows 4.3.7629.0629 or later
To enable the Room Check In feature for all Zoom Rooms in your account:
- Sign into the Zoom web portal and navigate to Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Under Account Setup, toggle the Room Check In feature to on.
- (Optional): Adjust the amount of time prior to a meeting when users can check in and adjust the amount of time after the meeting start time before a meeting is released. You can select a number from the drop down or manually type in a number.
Note: You can also enable this for a location, floor, or individual room. Read more about changing settings based on location.
To check in to the Zoom Room simply start a scheduled meeting, start an instant meeting, call out from the room, or start a screen share. If you will not be utilizing the Zoom Room controller, tap Check In on the controller to confirm that you’re in the room.