Zoom Rooms can be invited to meetings with Skype for Business, WebEx or GoToMeeting as audio only participants and the Zoom Room will show a button to join the audio conference with one click. This may be useful for companies migrating to Zoom from other video conferencing solutions or who work with vendors and customers who use 3rd party meeting services.
This feature is currently in beta and must be enabled by Zoom. Please contact Zoom support for more information.
This article covers:
- Enabling the 3rd party conferencing dial-in feature
- Using the 3rd party conferencing dial-in feature
- Enabled by Zoom Support
- Audio Conferencing Plan with Callout Enabled
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC 4.1.27694.0702 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac 4.1.27694.0702 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iOS 4.3.27601.0628 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android 4.3.27613.0629 or later
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows 4.3.7629.0629 or later
- After Zoom support has confirmed that they’ve enabled this feature for your account, login to your Zoom web portal and navigate to Account Settings.
- In the Zoom Rooms section, toggle Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms to on (blue).
- Navigate to Zoom Rooms.
- Choose the room, floor, or location where you would like to enable this setting. Learn more.
- Click the Meeting Settings tab.
- Toggle Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms to on (blue).
- Click Save Changes.
Once this setting is enabled for your Zoom Room, send the room a calendar invite that includes the third party service’s meeting ID.
If you do not have a Join Audio button as shown below, confirm that the Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms setting is enabled for the room and the account has an audio conferencing plan with callout enabled.