If you are having issues with zero touch provisioning or your phone doesn't support it, follow the sections below to provision a supported Polycom VVX, SoundPoint, or SoundStation series phone after you have added it to the Zoom web portal
Note: Before provisioning, make sure to upgrade to the latest supported firmware and reset the device to factory default
This article covers:
- Supported Polycom device
- Latest firmware installed and device reset to factory default
- Polycom device added to Zoom web portal
Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
Note: The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- Navigate to TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open your web browser and enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address from the previous step.
Note: The web browser must be on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone. If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Log in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456.
Configuring Provisioning Server
Note: Make sure to upgrade to the latest supported firmware before configuring the provisioning server.
- From the Settings menu select Provisioning Server.
- Change the following settings:
- Server Type: HTTPS
- Server Address: Enter the provisioning URL for the device model as follows: https://provpp.zoom.us/api/v2/pbx/provisioning/Polycom/model-#
Note: You must change model-# accordingly in the above URL. The model number must be in lowercase with no spaces. See the supported devices for a list of models. You can also obtain the provisioning URL by clicking Assisted Provisioning after starting the provisioning process in the Zoom web portal.
- Server User: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Server password: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Under DHCP Menu, change the Boot Server to Static.
- Click Save to complete configuration. Your phone will automatically reboot.
Note: The following codecs are recommend and should be selected by default after provisioning. To check the codecs in use, click Codec Priorities in the left-side panel.
Note: Make sure you don't have another provisioning server communicating with the device when you try to complete provisioning.
Tip: Use the following shortcuts using the phone's dialpad to quickly perform common actions.
- View phone details, hold down 1-4-7 simultaneously
- Reboot the phone, hold down 1-0-3 simultaneously
- Change the base profile, hold down 1-4-9 simultaneously