If you are having issues with zero touch provisioning or your phone doesn't support it, follow the sections below to provision a supported Polycom VVX, SoundPoint, or SoundStation series phone.
Note: Before provisioning, make sure to do the following.
- Add the phone to the Zoom web portal
- Upgrade to the latest supported firmware and reset the device to factory default
This article covers:
- Supported Polycom device
- Polycom device added to Zoom web portal
- Latest firmware installed and device reset to factory default
Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
Note: The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- Navigate to TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open a web browser and enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address from the previous step.
Note: The web browser must be on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone. If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Log in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456.
Configuring Provisioning Server
Note: Make sure to upgrade to the latest supported firmware before configuring the provisioning server.
- From the Settings menu select Provisioning Server.
- Change the following settings:
- Server Type: HTTPS
- Server Address: Enter the provisioning URL in the Server Address field. You can find your phone's provisioning URL in the list of supported devices.
Alternatively, you can enter the provisioning URL as follows:
You must change <phone_model> accordingly in the above URL. The model name must be in lowercase with no spaces. See the supported devices for a list of models.
- Server User: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Server password: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Under DHCP Menu, change the Boot Server to Static.
- Click Save to complete configuration. Your phone will automatically reboot.
Note: The following codecs are recommend and should be selected by default after provisioning. To check the codecs in use, click Codec Priorities in the left-side panel.
Note: Make sure you don't have another provisioning server communicating with the device when you try to complete provisioning.
Tip: Use the following shortcuts to quickly perform common actions. Use the phone's dial pad to press and hold the numbers for about 3 seconds:
- View phone details: 1-4-7
- Reboot the phone: 1-0-3
- Change the base profile: 1-4-9