This guide is ONLY for Polycom VVX series Auto-Provisioning.
The successful deployment of auto-provisioning allows users to enable the service of VoIP devices instantly by several simple clicks without tons of hand-on operations.
This article covers:
- Polycom VVX series device
If your Polycom VVX is a brand new (out-of-box) phone, skip the factory reset and proceed to Polycom VVX Auto-Provisioning Setup.
If your Polycom VVX is a used phone or you are not sure, you will first need to reset the existing configuration to factory default via the phone GUI as follows:
- On your phone, press the Home icon then select Settings to access the advanced menu.
- Select Advanced then Administration Settings
Note: When you select Advanced, you will be prompted to enter a password. This is the administrator password. If you do not know this password, you can try the default password of 456 OR contact the phone vendor for further assistance.
- Scroll and select Reset to Defaults then select Reset To Factory.
- Press Yes to complete factory reset.
- Proceed to Polycom VVX Auto-Provisioning Setup
- On your phone, press the Home icon then select Settings.
- Next, navigate to Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IPv4 address.
- Open your web browser and enter the <IPv4 address> from Step 2 to access the web configuration page.
- From the Settings menu select Provisioning Server.
- From the Provisioning Server menu, change the following settings:
- Server Type: HTTPS
- Server Address: Enter the Auto provisioning URL for the device model as follows: https://provpp.zoom.us/api/v2/pbx/provisioning/Polycom/<model_name>
Note: You must change <model_name> accordingly in the above URL. The model name must be in lowercase with no spaces.
- Server User: Delete default value & leave field blank.
- Server password: Delete default value & leave field blank.
- From the DHCP menu, select Boot Server and change it to Static.
- Click Save to complete configuration.
Note: Your phone will automatically reboot.