If you are having issues with zero touch provisioning or your phone doesn't support it, follow the sections below to provision a supported Polycom VVX, SoundPoint, or SoundStation series phone.
Note: Before following this article, make sure to read the provisioning quick start guide.
This article covers:
- Accessing the phone's web interface
- Configuring provisioning server
- Provisioning SoundStation IP 6000
- Supported Polycom device
- Polycom device added to Zoom web portal
- Device reset to factory default and latest supported firmware installed
Accessing the phone's web interface
Note: The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- Navigate to TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open a web browser on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone.
- Enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address.
Note: If your browser displays a security warning, click the option to continue.
- Sign in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456. If you do not know your username or password, contact the vendor of the phone. If you set the admin password globally, you can view the password in the Zoom web portal.
Configuring Provisioning Server
- From the Settings menu select Provisioning Server.
- Change the following settings:
- Server Type: HTTPS
- Server Address: Enter the assisted provisioning URL in the Server Address field.
- Server User: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Server password: Delete the default value and leave the field blank.
- Under DHCP Menu, change the Boot Server to Static.
- Click Save to complete configuration. Your phone will automatically reboot.
Note: The following codecs are recommend and should be selected by default after provisioning. To check the codecs in use, click Codec Priorities in the left-side panel.
Note: Make sure you don't have another provisioning server communicating with the device when you try to complete provisioning.
Tip: Use the following shortcuts to quickly perform common actions. Use the phone's dial pad to press and hold the numbers for about 3 seconds:
- View phone details: 1-4-7
- Reboot the phone: 1-0-3
- Change the base profile: 1-4-9
Provisioning SoundStation IP 6000
Some Polycom IP 6000s might be unable to provision even if the device is not an end-of-sale model (manufactured after January 2010). These models have an outdated updater (Boot Loader) version that does not support TLSv1.2. This causes provisioning to fail since Zoom Phone enforces TLSv1.2 for all the incoming provisioning requests.
By default, the device will try to upgrade the updater after the reboot or during the first initiation. However, the updater directory is not provided by Polycom due to the outdated firmware version, causing a reboot loop and failing provisioning.
Follow these steps to upgrade the IP 6000 using a custom server address:
- Follow the instructions to access the web interface of the device.
- On the home page, check the Updater Version. Make sure it is lower than 5.0.14.
- If the Updater Version is lower than 5.0.14, go to Utilities then Software Upgrade.
- Make the following changes:
- Server Type: Select Custom Server.
- Custom server address: Copy and paste this URL,
- Click Check for Updates.
- Select 184.108.40.2060G in the drop-down menu.
- Click Install.
The update process will take 5-7 minutes. The IP 6000 may reboot several times.
Note: After following completing these steps, make sure to complete the assisted provisioning steps in this article. After provisioning, confirm the following information on the web interface home page:
- Updater Version: 5.0.14
- UC Software Version: 220.127.116.110G
If the above steps fail to provision the phone, follow these steps:
- Power cycle the phone.
- Press Cancel during the boot process.
- During the countdown, press and hold these dial pad keys: 6, 8, *.
- Enter the admin password (default is 456). If don't know the admin password, enter the MAC address of the phone. The MAC address should be visible on a label on the bottom of the phone.
- Press OK.
The phone will reboot and reset to factory default. This can take several minutes.
- Follow the steps above to provision the phone.
- Make sure the date and time are correct on the phone's home screen.
- Navigate to Settings > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters. Make sure the DNS server is set to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced > Administration Settings > TLS Security > TLS Applications. Make sure the TLS Protocol for all applications is set to TLS 1.2.