Due to increased security and permissions with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave, you will be prompted to authorize the Zoom Desktop Client and Zoom Rooms to use the microphone and camera. You can click OK during the initial request and you will be able to use your microphone and camera in Zoom.
If you do not allow Zoom access during this initial prompt or the camera and microphone become disabled, you will need to go into your OS System Preferences to allow access.
- OS 10.14 Mojave
- OS Administrator access
Note: If you upgrade your Zoom Rooms Mac to Mojave, keep the keyboard and mouse connected to the computer until you open Zoom and authorize access to the camera and microphone. You will need OS administrator access for the computer.
Allowing Camera and Microphone Access
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner of the System Preferences window.
- Enter your OS administrator username and password.
- Click Unlock.
- Click Camera.
- Click the checkbox next to zoom.us and/or Zoom Rooms.
- A window will appear asking you to restart Zoom or the Zoom Rooms application.
- If you need to allow the microphone access as well, click Later.
- If you only need to allow the camera access, click Quit Now. You can reopen Zoom and skip the following steps.
Note: The Zoom Rooms application requires access to both the camera and microphone.