Setting Up Zoom Rooms on Dell Optiplex with Windows IoT
Zoom Rooms is deployed on a preconfigured Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2016 (1607) on selected Zoom Rooms Kits such as the Zoom Room Huddle Kit on Amazon (and more to come). Due to Windows IoT licensing, it cannot be manually installed on any PC at this time.
Zoom Rooms on Windows IoT is in a locked down mode with minimal services enabled, firewall and auto-login configured, and auto-boot to Zoom Rooms.
This article covers:
- How to perform the initial setup
- How to access the Windows desktop
- How to return to the Zoom Rooms application from the desktop
- How to upgrade the Zoom Rooms application
Prerequisites for setting up Zoom Rooms on a Dell Optiplex
- Account Owner, Admin, or Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Dell Optiplex running Windows IoT
- Additional hardware:
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Camera, microphone and speaker
- One or more displays
How to perform the initial setup
The first time the Dell Optiplex with Windows IoT is powered on, it will complete an automatic Windows installation process. This will take 2-3 minutes. Wired Ethernet is required for first time setup.
The computer will reboot two times during the initial installation process. The screen may also go blank for approximately 20 seconds. If the screen goes black for longer than a minute, reboot the PC. It will continue the first time setup with no issues.
When the installation process is complete, the Zoom Rooms interface will display with the pairing code for the Zoom Rooms controller.
How to access the Windows desktop
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Click on the ZoomAdmin account and enter the default password of: zoom123
Once into the Windows Desktop all windows administrative options are available. We recommend changing the password for the ZoomAdmin account.
Note: Do not exit Zoom via the Exit button. A blank screen will appear and the computer will need to be restarted. Starting with Zoom Rooms Version 4.1.5 (33237.0925) the Exit button will be replaced with Shutdown and Reboot buttons.
How to return to the Zoom Rooms application from the desktop
- To return to the Zoom Rooms application from the Windows Desktop, restart the computer.
- Windows may warn you that another user is signed in. This is expected and you can continue the restart.
How to upgrade the Zoom Rooms application
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.