A number port allows you to move a pre-existing number with another carrier to be utilized on your Zoom Phone account.
This article covers:
- Account owner or admin permissions
- Zoom Phone license
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your account number from your current carrier (if applicable)
- If it is a wireless number, your 4 digit PIN number (required for all wireless ports)
Additionally, please inform Zoom ahead of time if you are using your existing phones with Zoom Phone. If so, you may need to contact your current carrier on the day of port to unlock the phone so that we can provision them to Zoom Phone.
Requesting a Number Port
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to Phone System Management > Phone Numbers, and select Ported.
- Click Port Numbers.
Note: You will be able to port up to 100 numbers at a time using the Zoom web portal. If you need to port more than 100 numbers see Requesting a Project Port (More Than 100 Numbers) for US and Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Input the numbers into the field and click Check Portability to confirm the numbers are valid.
- Click Next. The Zoom web portal will display an online Letter of Agency (LOA) form.
- Fill out the online Letter of Agency (LOA).
- Review Common Porting Errors as errors in submission of the LOA can cause delays in the number porting process.
- Click Submit.
Zoom Phone will send a request to your previous provider to validate the information on the LOA. If accepted, the Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC) will work with Zoom Phone and the previous provider to activate the pending port. Once approved, the numbers will be available to manage in the Zoom web portal.
Common Porting Errors
Invalid Porting Address
We received a rejection when attempting to complete the porting request due to incorrect information being provided on the Letter of Agency (LOA). Verify all information (name on account, billing address, account number, and number to be ported). This information can typically be found on a bill provided by a previous provider.
Note: The address information is usually that of the actual service location of the numbers porting.
Invalid/Missing Account Number/PIN
We received a rejection when attempting to complete the porting request due to incorrect information provided on the Letter of Agency (LOA). Verify the account number/PIN with your current provider.
Invalid Authorization Name
We received a rejection when attempting to complete the porting request due to incorrect information provided on the Letter of Agency (LOA). Verify the correct authorized user name on your accounts with your current provider.