A number port allows you to move a pre-existing number with another carrier to be utilized on Zoom Voice on your account.
This article covers:
- Account Owner or Admin Permissions
- Zoom Voice license
- Log in to the Zoom web portal, navigate to Phone Numbers, and selected Ported.
- Select Port Numbers. From here, you will be able to port up to 100 numbers at a time. If you need to port more than 100 numbers, please fill out the attached Letter of Agency (LOA) and send it firstname.lastname@example.org. When filling in the LOA it is recommended that you review Common Porting Errors, as errors in submission of the LOA can cause delays in the number porting process.
- Once inputted, select Check Portability to confirm the numbers being requested are valid. Once the numbers are confirmed, select Next.
- You will be presented with a Letter Of Agency (LOA) which authorizes and designates Zoom Voice to act as its agent for the purpose of changing Customer's provider(s) of telecommunications and related services from Customer's existing provider(s) to Zoom Voice for the Customer account(s), telephone number(s), and services designated below (the "Designated Services"). It is recommended to review Common Porting Errors, as errors in submission of the LOA can cause delays in the number porting process.
- Once submitted, Zoom Voice will send a request to your previous provider to validate the information on the LOA. If accepted, the Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC), will work with both Zoom Voice and the previous provider to activate the pending port. Once approved, it will be available to you to use through Managing Phone Numbers.
Invalid Porting Address
We received a rejection when attempting to complete the porting request due to an incorrect information being provided on the Letter Of Agency (LOA). Please verify ALL information (name on account, billing address, account number, and number to be ported). This information can typically be found on a bill provided by a previous provider.