Zoom Rooms design guide
Welcome to the Zoom Rooms design guide! Below you will find various resources for Zoom Rooms integration professionals and IT professionals interested in learning more about Zoom Rooms audio visual systems and design philosophy.
For workplace re-entry guidance, please see the Workplace Re-Entry Design Guide.
Design philosophy & guidance
- Lighting design guide
- Furniture design guide
- Acoustics & audio concepts
- Zoom Rooms audio guidelines
- Best practices whitepaper
Below we have designs for different Zoom Rooms scenarios. In each guide you will find specific design examples of Zoom Rooms within a commercial environment.
For each article you will find (as applicable):
- A 3D-mockup of the room
- Short description of the design
- Complete equipment lists
- Pictorial AV schematic
- Functional AV schematic (block diagram)
- Architectural elevations
- Mic layouts
Zoom Rooms DIY designs
DIY designs are designs that are simple and generally plug-and-play. Configuration of external devices are minimized and can generally be built by an internal Audio Visual / IT Team or Data/Electrical Professionals with AV experience.
- Home Office (1-2 People)
- Phone Room (1-2 people)
- Mobile Cart (2-5 people)
- Huddle (2-7 People)
- Touch Huddle (2-7 people)
- Mix & Match Huddle (2-7 People)
- Conference (7-13 People with table mics)
- Conference (9-19 People with ceiling mics)
- Hybrid Classroom (15-25 People)
Zoom Rooms professional AV designs
Professional AV designs require industry experts (Zoom Certified Integrators or Zoom PSO) who are well versed in cable running, AV hardware/display installation, rack wiring, DSP/microphone configurations, and system optimization and quality assurance, as well as experience with the Zoom Rooms platform.
- ProAV Conference (7-13 People with table mics)
- ProAV Conference (9-19 People with ceiling mics)
- ProAV 3-Screen (6-10 people with speaker tracking camera)
- ProAV Production Studio (2-5 People with production camera & ceiling mic)
- ProAV All Hands Space (with presenter mics only)
- ProAV Training Room/Classroom (with ceiling & presenter mics)
- ProAV Hybrid Classroom (with companion whiteboard & document camera)
- ProAV Divisible Space (with ceiling & presenter mics)
Additional Zoom Rooms design guidance
- Scheduling Display
- Digital Signage / Screen Share Only
- Companion Whiteboard
- H.323/SIP Room Systems Conversion
- Zoom Rooms for Education
- Broadcasting a Zoom Meeting
- Inter/Intra Office System
- Virtual Reception/Service Desk
Vendor-specific room designs
Vendor-specific room designs are built around a single vendor for a variety of room types and are suited for corporations looking to standardize on a vendor for global consistency.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.