Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on your Polycom phone. You should upgrade the phone's firmware before provisioning it.
This article covers:
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open your web browser and enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address from the previous step.
Note: The web browser must be on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone. If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Log in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456.
- On the Home page, check the UC Software Version. If the phone has the latest version, you can skip the upgrade process.
- Click Utilities > Software Upgrade.
- Check Polycom Hosted Server and click Check for Updates.
You will get a message saying "Successfully fetched the available versions".
- In the Available software versions drop-down menu, select the latest firmware version that does not have a letter at the end of the version number.
- Click Install. The phone will reboot during the firmware installation. The process might take 2-3 minutes.