Providing the support team with logs and/or configuration files can help them troubleshoot issues you may be having. You can download these files from the web interface and then send them to support for further analysis.
This article covers:
- Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
- Exporting Logs and Configuration Files Using the Phone's Web Interface
Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
Note: The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- First access the web interface for your phone. Press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- Navigate to TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open your web browser and enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address from the previous step.
Note: The web browser must be on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone. If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Log in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: You will be prompted to enter the administrator password. If you have already provisioned the phone this can be found on zoom.us on the company info page. If you have not, try the default password of 456 or contact the phone vendor for further assistance.
Exporting Logs and Configuration Files Using the Phone's Web Interface
- In the top menu bar, hover your mouse over the Diagnostics menu and click View & Download Logs.
- Click Export to download the log file.
- Move your cursor over the Utilities option and click Import & Export Configuration.
- Click the plus icon next to Export Configuration then click Export.
Note: For information setting up syslog, visit to Polycom support.