Exporting logs and config files (Poly)
Providing the support team with logs and/or configuration files can help them troubleshoot issues you may be having. You can download these files from the web interface and then send them to support for further analysis.
This article covers:
- How to access the phone's web interface
- How to export logs and configuration files using the phone's web interface
Prerequisites for exporting logs and configuration files for Poly phones
- Supported Polycom device
- Polycom device added to Zoom web portal
- Web Interface enabled in account-level desk phone settings
How to access the phone's web interface
- The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- By default, Zoom Phone disables the web interface of provisioned devices. If you can't access the phone's web interface, make sure Web Interface is enabled in the account-level desk phones settings.
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Click Status then Network.
- Click TCP/IP Parameters then IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open a web browser on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone.
- Enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address.
Note: If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Sign in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456. If you do not know your username or password, contact the vendor of the phone. If you set the admin password globally, you can view the password in the Zoom web portal.
How to export logs and configuration files using the phone's web interface
- In the top menu bar, hover your mouse over the Diagnostics menu and click View & Download Logs.
- Click Export to download the log file.
- Move your cursor over the Utilities option and click Import & Export Configuration.
- Click the plus icon next to Export Configuration then click Export.
Note: For information setting up syslog, visit to Polycom support.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.