Customizing the recording consent disclaimer
The recording consent disclaimer prompts participants in meetings or webinars to provide their consent to be recorded. Participants receive a notification when a recording starts or when they join a session that is already being recorded. The participant can either consent to stay in the session or leave. After the session, the host can generate a report listing the attendees who provided consent.
Some recording notification settings can be modified based on account type. Learn more about modifying recording notifications settings.
Aside from recording consent disclaimers, admins can also enable custom disclaimers for their users when they start or join a meeting or webinar, or sign in to their account. Learn more about custom disclaimers for sign-in, meetings, and webinars.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for customizing the recording consent disclaimer
- Business, Education, API, or Enterprise account with 100+ licenses
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to customize the recording consent disclaimer
Account owners and admins can customize the recording disclaimer at the account and group levels. The recording disclaimer cannot be customized at the user level, only enabled or disabled, if not locked by an admin at the account or group level.
Note: If you have an Enterprise, API, Education, or Business account with 100+ licenses, you can disable the recording consent disclaimer for internal users. Learn more about modifying recording notification settings.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an account owner or admin with privilege to edit account or group settings.
- Navigate to the Account Settings or Group Management page.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Scroll down to Recording notifications - Zoom clients.
- Below the Show a disclaimer to participants when a recording starts option, click Customize Disclaimer.
- In the top-right corner, choose the language of the disclaimer you want to change.
- Enter additional body text and add a link, if desired.
As you enter customized text, it will appear below the default text in the preview.
- Click Save.
Admins can also enable and customize a disclaimer for the host when starting a recording. Repeat the above steps for the Ask host to confirm before starting a recording.
How to view reports on attendee consent
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Reports.
- Click the Usage or Active Host report. This will vary based on your account access.
- Once you input criteria to generate a meeting list, click the number in the Participants column to generate a detailed report.
In the pop-up window, you will see the Recording Consent column which indicates if the participant accepted or declined the disclaimer.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.